• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New Tower Installed By WakeTowerPro *step 3 complete*

Pinhacker71

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited E-Series
Boat Length
Can't see them on iPhone

CDENsomnia

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
@Bruce any ideas why some can see my pictures and some cant? First i had them hosted on google photos which i have always used. Now i added them via the drag and drop function and people still cant see them?

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I see the pictures just fine. The tower looks great.

bobbie

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@CDENsomnia I see them now! Looks great...like the black tower with your color scheme

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That tower looks awesome.

GiddYupJoe

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA
I turned in last night not being able to see the pictures... Let me say, well worth the wait! Well done sir. That looks sweet.

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
That looks really nice!

If I get a tower, Wake Tower Pro is who I would really consider using to install it. It sounds like you a great experience. Were there any "hidden" costs? The prices on their website seem to be inclusive of labor and the tower.

CDENsomnia

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
@farrelltravis There weren't any hidden costs outside of their commute fee for mileage. Being in Norman I would imagine you are close enough you may not incur that charge. The guys certainly knew what they were doing and knew what kind of look I was after on placement. They also made sure I was happy with the end product and made sure I knew the process to take down the bimini and fold the tower properly. Just like anything with a boat, as you get to talking with them you end up spending more than you thought. I added a really nice swivel rack I didn't really plan on. ;)

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Yeah, they are actually in Moore, OK. That is just the next town over, so mileage would not be an issue. I am glad yours turned out so well! I will definitely consider them if I do a tower.

CDENsomnia

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Alright step 2 of this transformation is complete! The cover has been modified. Although not pretty because I had a cover with all the old slots for the factory tower i am happy with the outcome. When it's time for a new cover I will just get a sx model cover and have the slots cut in to it.20160401_100459.jpg

redthumper9

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Looks great. I've always wondered if their bimini would work with my factory tower. I hate the OEM bimini setup on my AR240.

CDENsomnia

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Looks great. I've always wondered if their bimini would work with my factory tower. I hate the OEM bimini setup on my AR240.
This bimini is awesome! Its almost like when they had the extended bimini on the 230's. I will say though there is absolutely no adjusting the bimini backwards or forwards and getting the sunbrella on the frame was not thought out very well by aerial.

MrWizard

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I ditched the FreeRide bimini... And my friend and I came up with this idea for the factory bimini. A little bit of work to set it up but overall probably about 3 minutes to have it up and ready...

Attachments

MrWizard

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
This bimini is awesome! Its almost like when they had the extended bimini on the 230's. I will say though there is absolutely no adjusting the bimini backwards or forwards and getting the sunbrella on the frame was not thought out very well by aerial.
I really dislike how little thought was given to the bimini... And I'm sending it back. It'll probably be a year before I get my refund. Sigh.

CDENsomnia

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I really dislike how little thought was given to the bimini... And I'm sending it back. It'll probably be a year before I get my refund. Sigh.
Wow! Why was it so terrible for you?

Jasonsbiz74

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Looks sweet! Worth the money in my opinion

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Came out great. Did you go to an upholstery place to customize your cover?

MrWizard

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Wow! Why was it so terrible for you?
A couple of reasons:

1. I feel like it is poorly designed. Doesn't fold/collapse
2. To put the bimini canvas back on after removal was next to impossible while the frame was attached to the boat
3. Aesthetically I wasn't thrilled with it. I feel like you should be happy with a purchase, and I wasn't.
4. I was able to make the factory bimini work.