• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New toy at work...makerbot 3D Printer

Big Shasta

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
We got rid of the piece of junk Cubify Cubex Trio....huge waste of 4k dollars.

This Makerbot Replicator Z18 is quite the machine. I pretty much have access to it and all the materials I need anytime...for honing my skills with it of course. Thoughts to make something cool?

Printing a Rook test piece. We've printed these before, they look awesome with a winding staircase inside all the way through to the top. visible through the windows.

Big Shasta

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Winding staircase and double helix inside. Printed in 3.5 hours.

RightStuff

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
These are so cool, I can't wait for them to get cheaper so I can buy one for home! Just can't justify it at where they are right now...

So one question I have always had, never being able to touch/feel a piece made by one yet... How durable are the parts the Makerbot produces? How much stress can these take after they have been printed?

Big Shasta

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
depends on how it's structured but even at 300 pounds, I bet I could stand on that little rook without it breaking. There's talk of HP coming out with a consumer model through home depot this year.....supposed to be in the 500.00 range.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
A new air box for the MR-1 so I can supercharge it or at least ram air it. For testing purposes of course.
That's what I would use it for in general though, custom intake lids for cars/engines that just look freakin awesome. Always wanted to airbrush too, but never had the time to do it.
Something like this:

Just maybe not so crazy.... maybe... OK YEAH MAKE IT BRIGHT FREAKIN BLUE WITH FLAMES!!!!

JetPowered

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
How about a raised model of the JetBoaters logo? Or the Yamaha pickle fork design key Fob?

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Oh yeah, give me a key fob!

scot71

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I like the key fob idea!

Big Shasta

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
How about a raised model of the JetBoaters logo? Or the Yamaha pickle fork design key Fob?
Love it....Anyone have a 3D version of the logo? @Bruce - Who designed it? Yes, I realize I couldn't just have free reign with it but maybe I could print a few of the jetboaters logos like the Yamaha one below and give them out as prizes or something.

Even if I could get the raw graphic file, I could probably just take out any background and add height. If it looks cool, the site can get them printed at a 3d manufacturing company like www.shapeways.com and sell them.

I'll give this a run and see how it comes out: (is this technically a trademark violation?)
http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:489323

Check out www.yeggi.com Pretty cool search engine with a lot of free 3d models.

Last edited:

Big Shasta

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Imagine this in Haiti or Africa. I wonder if there are organizations doing this?....someone like Samaritans Purse should be all over this.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Williamsone46 designed the logo.

I have attached the original illustrator file.

I want a keychain!

Attachments

Big Shasta

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
@Williamsone46 designed the logo.

I have attached the original illustrator file.

I want a keychain!
@Williamsone46 maybe you know more about this than I do (highly likely). Our graphics guy tried to import the adobe file into Proe and it didn't show up...just blank. So he was able to get it into autocad but he said he would have to trace all the lines of it which would be time consuming. do you know anything about 3D formats and getting into a 3D model?

JetPowered

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Found a site that might be helpful.

http://www.dreamboxdev.com

I grabbed one of the simple logos from the AI file above, converted to PNG and used this site to make a STL file. I can email you the STL of what I created. Still looking at other way to skin this cat.

Big Shasta

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Found a site that might be helpful.

http://www.dreamboxdev.com

I grabbed one of the simple logos from the AI file above, converted to PNG and used this site to make a STL file. I can email you the STL of what I created. Still looking at other way to skin this cat.
Awesome.... PM Sent.

Big Shasta

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA

JetPowered

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
OK, I made a version of that. I used the white, but obviously color is moot. Check your email . . .

Big Shasta

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
OK, I made a version of that. I used the white, but obviously color is moot. Check your email . . .
Awesome Thanks! I'll see if I can get it on the printer today. We've been running some big pieces so it's been tied up the last few days.

Big Shasta

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Well, I thought I would have access to it yesterday but someone decided to print a Stormtrooper helmet that was taking a LONG time. LOL.. I should be able to run it today.