• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New toy at work...makerbot 3D Printer

JetPowered

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
A full size helmet?

I came up with another idea to print: scupper wrenches!

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@justason, I am surprised that you are not in on this thread.

Big Shasta

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
A full size helmet?

I came up with another idea to print: scupper wrenches!
They printed a test size about the size of a baseball but fully plan on scaling it up to full size. LOL...

Scupper wrenches would be a great idea. I bet they would be plenty tough enough. Get to refining those 3D skills Jet! ;)

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@justason, I am surprised that you are not in on this thread.
I'm sad. When my company let me go i danced my way to lower blood pressure. Till i realized i lost access to the 3d printer!! Damn i miss that thing

I have the file still for the throttle sync. Want it ?

billyb

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
I'm sad. When my company let me go i danced my way to lower blood pressure. Till i realized i lost access to the 3d printer!! Damn i miss that thing

I would love a throttle synch. Let me know where to send my money!!!

Big Shasta

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA

I know what you mean. It's a pretty cool thing to have access to. I'll pass on the throttle sync. It's not something I would be interested in and I wouldn't print anything that jetboatpilot.com is selling.

JetPowered

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Here is what I have sent to Big Shasta. I'm a total NOOB when it comes to 3D printing or component design, so this was a great little side project. I did have to clean up a few elements that I figured would not translate well to 3D printing, but I tried to keep it as original as possible. I'll be curious to see what the end result might be.

Created in Sketchup 2014.

JBN3DLogo.jpg

Big Shasta

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
That would be cool as a receiver cap for the hitch on my truck!
That is an AWESOME Idea. Would look great if printed in multicolors. We just have a single color printer but some modeling paint and DONE. It would be a lot of support material to clean away if you printed it with the 2 inch receiver insert but you would just epoxy it on afterwards. Hopefully I'll get this on the printer today. Thanks a ton @JetPowered

Big Shasta

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Grrrrr....one of the engineers broke the extruder. don't they know they are supposed to stick to their slide rules and protractors. We have spares on order but will have to wait it out.

JetPowered

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
I've heard that the extruders are finicky on the current generation of Makerbots. Something about the filament melting inside the head and it stops feeding, ending in a click of death.

Big Shasta

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I've heard that the extruders are finicky on the current generation of Makerbots. Something about the filament melting inside the head and it stops feeding, ending in a click of death.
He decided rather than selecting "unload filament" he would yank it out with pliers. I think it tore up the feed rollers inside it. But I have read about some issues with the "Smart Extruder" so we ordered a few spares.