• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New Toy just added to the arsenal of summer fun...

Englewoodcowboy

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I just pulled the trigger on a Super Mable for my AR192. I bought the 4 person rope for it hoping that 60' is enough. Anyone have any experience for towing a Super Mable? Do's Dont's? I am heading out Friday morning for a long weekend of fun on the lake!

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I've got one, had it for about five years. I also use a four person rope. We have a booster ball, helps keep it from submarining (I don't have a tower = low pull point) plus extends the rope out beyond the heavier part of the jet wash.
Kids love it. Adults love it. Great to tie to the boat while anchoring to let the kids use it as a swim platform.

One word of caution, avoid decelerating and then accelerating too much with it. I did that the first season we had it, dug in the front of the Super Mable, and flipped it. Scared the hell out of my youngest one. It was absolutely driver error on that one. Else, two thumbs up for the Super Mable.

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
"THE" Number ONE TOWABLE sold today !!!!!!!!!!

You KILLED it @Englewoodcowboy. Great choice. You're gonna love it.

Advice ? Yeah, I got some. Get a rope, some kids, a cold beverage, a LOT of gas, and go to the bathroom first.
'Cuz once you go out, you ain't comin' back for hours ! LOL !

Take Care.
What a GREAT post to start off Monday. It even got me excited ......... LOL !
Mikey Lulejian - Lake Oconee, GA

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Englewoodcowboy

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@MikeyL It is killing me to be at my desk today. I have everything planned to have work done Thursday afternoon. I am heading out bright and early Friday to the lake, setting up camp and not coming home till Monday night. I keep looking for UPS to show up as he has my new amp. Wednesday is when Amazon says my tube, rope and pump will be here... Thursday will take forever!

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
@MikeyL It is killing me to be at my desk today. I have everything planned to have work done Thursday afternoon. I am heading out bright and early Friday to the lake, setting up camp and not coming home till Monday night. I keep looking for UPS to show up as he has my new amp. Wednesday is when Amazon says my tube, rope and pump will be here... Thursday will take forever!
LOL ...... I had to laugh since it is likely we've all "been there, done that."
Waiting on the UPS man who has TOYS just plain SUCXKS !

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length

Englewoodcowboy

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
My mom who is 60 wanted to ride a tube. My son has a small single person round tube and it is too small for me to ride so I decided after reading reviews of people using the SM's as a float in a cove etc. that I could get more use out of it other than towing. I can't show her the videos of the epic toss but I promise I will do my best not to get my mom tossed like that... LOL My dad who is 63 won't go near it...

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I'm older than your Dad, and love towables. LOL

Glassman

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I like to get 'er going real fast....throttle back, turn quick, full throttle RIGHT AT the TUBE! Then veer hard and send a wall of water over them.

I'm told that it's pretty scary....:rolleyes:

Englewoodcowboy

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@Glassman sounds like it would get a great reaction... keep the ideas coming. :devilhorns:

Englewoodcowboy

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@MikeyL I tease my dad and tell him he is becoming a bigger wuss the older he gets but I have to remind myself that this time last year, he wrecked his Harley and spent the entire summer in the hospital. He still has a ways to go to regain all his strength but I still feel the need to dangle a carrot in front of him to keep him pushing to recover.

Englewoodcowboy

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
For those that have the SM, I read reviews of it being heavy, do you think it is too heavy to carry on top of the bimini top? I carried my sons tube up there when we didn't use it, out of the way and secured and it saved from having to deflate and inflate too many times...

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
It is quite heavy. I certainly would not put it on top of a non-tower bimini top under any circumstances. Not sure about the tower bimini's strength, it might go up there when it was dry.

I doubt you would want to put it up there wet. You would likely need more than one person to hoist it up there when wet. It is a beast.

Last edited:

Englewoodcowboy

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
It is quite heavy. I certainly would not put it on top of a non-tower bimini top under any circumstances. Not sure about the tower bimini's strength, it might go up there when it was dry.

I doubt you would want to put it up there wet. You would like need more than one person to hoist it up there when wet. It is a beast.
Im thinking I may need to invest in an additional anchor for the SM when not in use.... or since I ordered an nice 12v pump I guess I could deflate it and store in the ski locker when not in use. I am not keen on leaving something behind if I can help it and on the 192, there is no room to place it other than on the bimini. What do you do when you are not using yours?

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length

Detonate

Jetboaters Commander