• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New Wakeboard (long board)....revolutionizing the industry? SlingShot Nomad

CFD3Captain

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
So I have yet to try surfing but I am setup to do it now (just need time off and weather) but I enjoyed wake boarding when I had my old boat and can't help but want one. I think the kids might like it too. Anyhow, I was doing some surfing (of the internet) and since I got a Slingshot surfer, I wanted to check out their wakeboard's. They are all made in the USA which is a huge PLUS for me. Anyhow, take a look at this. This is a BIG board and to be honest...it all makes sense. I am seriously considering trying this board to see if it fits the "older" me as it boasts using a slower towing speed :)

http://www.slingshotsports.com/2015-Nomad#.VVSmq2D3BRk

scokill

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We have a 138cm board and our speed is 17-19 mph. The weight rating for the 150 is 160-270. Liquid force board chart, for example, would give a range of 142-146 cm for 170-250+ lb Not a big difference (1-3" which would be .5-1.5" additional on both ends). I think it is more likely marketing hype. Just my 2 cents. I do like my space pickle surfboard though.

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
My sons favorite board ever ridden was a Slingshot owned by Trace. I'll have to ask him what he thinks of this board.

CFD3Captain

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
@scokill Good point. Just sounds good I guess. Maybe hype, maybe something to it? What rack do you use for your Space Pickle? I need to order one tonight and need to see if I have to buy a rack with 3" opening or if one with 2.25 will work (which will be tight) Thanks!

scokill

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@scokill Good point. Just sounds good I guess. Maybe hype, maybe something to it? What rack do you use for your Space Pickle? I need to order one tonight and need to see if I have to buy a rack with 3" opening or if one with 2.25 will work (which will be tight) Thanks!

CFD3Captain

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
@scokill ??? LOl all you did was quote me :)

dan144k

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Slower speed wakeboarding is a neat concept. Please review when someone tests

Slugger55

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I would like to have a board for slower speeds. Please post results.

CFD3Captain

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
I didn't purchase it (yet). It will probably be a purchase for next year (or if this years model goes on sale ) the wife wasn't crazy about spending well over $500 for a wakeboard lol. I did however purchase one of slingshots entry level boards which should be here this week :)