• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New Yamaha 222SD Owner - Quick Question

JSchneider

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SD
Boat Length
My wife and I took delivery of a 2023 222SD in February and the ice is still on the lakes here so we have not had a chance to use it. Total newbie question - on the newer 222SD's are the throttles completely independent as in you can put one in forward and one in reverse to maneuver the boat in tight places? We've had inboards in the past, but this our first jet boat.

Thanks,

John

My wife and I took delivery of a 2023 222SD in February and the ice is still on the lakes here so we have not had a chance to use it. Total newbie question - on the newer 222SD's are the throttles completely independent as in you can put one in forward and one in reverse to maneuver the boat in tight places? We've had inboards in the past, but this our first jet boat.

Thanks,

John

They absolutely work independently. Once you learn, you can maneuver these boats in the tightest of spots. Added bonus that you have the Steering wheel throttles!

There will be a learning curve... I recommend finding a buoy with no one around and maneuver the boat around it while getting your bow as close as possible without touching it. This is great practice and you'll get the feel of the boat quickly.

Thanks for the info! Looking forward to testing it out.

Thanks for the info! Looking forward to testing it out.

J, which one did you get? My wife and I ordered the black 222SD but it has arrived yet. There are a lot of pictures out there of the white/warm one but very few if any of the black/cool one. Can't wait to talk to someone thats driven one. Also curious if there's anything they'd change if they had the opportunity to do so before taking delivery from the dealership. Let me know. thanks

J, which one did you get? My wife and I ordered the black 222SD but it has arrived yet. There are a lot of pictures out there of the white/warm one but very few if any of the black/cool one. Can't wait to talk to someone thats driven one. Also curious if there's anything they'd change if they had the opportunity to do so before taking delivery from the dealership. Let me know. thanks

We ended up with a black one. When we were looking at the end of January there were really only two 222SD's available, the black one in Michigan and a white one in Miami. The one in Miami I think is still for sale. Personally, I prefer the warm interior over the cool interior...just my preference. I do like the black hull and my wife likes the cool interior, so we went with the black/cool one. Haven't driven it yet and most of my boating experience is on twin inboard cruisers or I/O ski boats so I can't comment on how it handles. I do have some pictures (exterior and interior) if you would like me to send them? New to the forum so it might take a little while to figure how to send pictures.

We ended up with a black one. When we were looking at the end of January there were really only two 222SD's available, the black one in Michigan and a white one in Miami. The one in Miami I think is still for sale. Personally, I prefer the warm interior over the cool interior...just my preference. I do like the black hull and my wife likes the cool interior, so we went with the black/cool one. Haven't driven it yet and most of my boating experience is on twin inboard cruisers or I/O ski boats so I can't comment on how it handles. I do have some pictures (exterior and interior) if you would like me to send them? New to the forum so it might take a little while to figure how to send pictures.
Its funny what you said about the interior colors. When we decided that Yamahas were for us, we really wanted that warm interior. Even though they had a white one on the lot, the sales guy shared how difficult it is to keep the brown clean, especially here in the south (nashville) where we get a lot of dock spiders. So, we decided to wait for a black one with the cool interior and placed a deposit. I am curious to see more pictures of how it came from the factory. What amenities it came with specifically. We keep hearing different opinions from people but few have actually received theirs (what came with the boat? swim up seats, underwater light and brightness, interior lights/locations, tower interior lights, rear view mirror for water sports, sound system quality, ease of mountability for tower speakers or wake board racks... etc... etc...). Pictures would be awesome but don't stress over it. We're just excited to get our boat. Thanks and Congratulations!

Back