• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New Yamaha 252S info.

The Mia Fay

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252S
Boat Length
Did any one get a new Yamaha 252A , I am still waiting since December 1st. 2020 .. Dealer and Yamaha not much help.. they say waiting for parts ...??? Do you have any good contact numbers for Yamaha. Customer support not much help. If you got your new boat how long did you wait. Thank you

If you mean 252S, yes, I was able to buy one. Got lucky as there was one at my dealer that was not spoken for.

My family and I love it. First boat so I have nothing to compare to but so far so good. Got it in the water in April so I could learn and practice. Docking is interesting but getting the hang of it. Using both engines to spin the boat if needed if very useful. Have not towed anything yet so cannot comment. Can wander a bit a high speed over waves taken at an angle but you get the hang of it and you can buy aftermarket products to help with the steering if you desire. We have taken up to 8 people so far with no issues. I use the boat in salt water in a bay setting, not open ocean. I store in high and dry at a marina when not in use during the week.

My family and I love it. First boat so I have nothing to compare to but so far so good. Got it in the water in April so I could learn and practice. Docking is interesting but getting the hang of it. Using both engines to spin the boat if needed if very useful. Have not towed anything yet so cannot comment. Can wander a bit a high speed over waves taken at an angle but you get the hang of it and you can buy aftermarket products to help with the steering if you desire. We have taken up to 8 people so far with no issues. I use the boat in salt water in a bay setting, not open ocean. I store in high and dry at a marina when not in use during the week.
Thank you for the reply and good luck with your new 252S I'm still waiting since Dec 1st 2020. This will be my 3rd yamaha boat you and the family will love it , if you want better control at low speed consider Thrust Vectors from Jet Boat Pilot.com easy to install watch his videos. I put them on my last two boats and have them ready for my new boat when i get it ??

I actually dont feel the need for TV, i did on my 07, not on my 2019, definitly not on my 252se. This pic was taken about 45 miles from fort lauderdale on our way back from the bahamas, the boat handdles way better than my 2019 242lse.

received_784099422249523.jpegreceived_365924044893911.jpeg

I did the Cobras on my 252SE and love the difference it makes. Love the boat as well.

I actually dont feel the need for TV, i did on my 07, not on my 2019, definitly not on my 252se. This pic was taken about 45 miles from fort lauderdale on our way back from the bahamas, the boat handdles way better than my 2019 242lse.

View attachment 154354View attachment 154355
Nice ,, can't wait till I get mine ,not looking good . The TV are only help full at very low speed .. Well enjoy the rest of your summer...

View attachment 154354View attachment 154355
I've got a 2020 242SE (which would essentially be the same as your prior 2019), what sort of differences are you observing between the old 242 and the new 252?

I've got a 2020 242SE (which would essentially be the same as your prior 2019), what sort of differences are you observing between the old 242 and the new 252?
Well when ever I get my 252S I will try it at low speed , before putting on the TV'S maybe I won't need them .My other boat was a 2015 AR240 and they did help // Can't wait to see the difference

The hull is completly redisigned on the 252, im able to go thru rougher wake and waves, than on the 242, and the tower doesnt rattle at all which was anoying, slow and no wake zone might be the same, or i just cant tell. I had TV on my old ar230, i didnt feel the need on the 242, i felt ya.aha did a great job with the keel.

252SE- amazed with run from Ft L to Bahamas- very impressive. How did it handle in open water?

Back