• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New York City - Midtown

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Oh I forgot to mention @MBalducci1990 , yes we did go skating..... at Bryant park.
To us just an easier atmosphere. And since I haven't skated since I was a kid, and my son's never had ice skates on we were looking for the least busiest place.

Unfortunately I couldn't convince the kid to go skating till the day we left. So we barely made it around once before we had to leave to catch our fight. Still a great trip!

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Tavern on the Green and the Staten Island Ferry with a view of the Statue of Liberty are good experiences.

Rana would say to visit MOMA. The American Museum of Natural History is very nice.

If they have seen Home Alone 2 take them to the Plaza.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm here right now my crew went down and saw the Aladdin on Broadway last night. They also went to Ellen's Stardust Dinner they said it was pretty cool as well. I'm working so I miss all the fun stuff lol.

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@robert843 We didn't see Aladdin but even my 12 year old son was intrigued by KING KONG.
(Of course I had to sell the "gamers" are controlling his face muscles/motors bit) But it worked and he seemed to like it.

Btw did you know there's a really nice Beretta store in Manhattan!?!
Great place and very friendly owner. It's on Madison between 63/64th.

Robert Benedict

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
To all my fellow boaters -

I'm taking the family to NYC in a few weeks and would greatly appreciate some recommendations for those great local spots to eat and "off-the-beaten-path" places to visit.
We already have our touristy destinations planned; Top of the Rock, Statue of Liberty, and (momma insisted) Broadway (King Kong).
We're staying near Bryant Park and have been looking for great places to eat nearby, or near our destinations.
So far I've found: The Counter, Black Iron Burger, Don Antonio pizza, and Bierhaus.

We'd like to visit Little Italy, or China Town but don't know the areas or more importantly what areas to avoid.

Any suggestions from locals or those who know the area?
Every time I go to New York City I always make a point to go to Kat’s Delicatessen. Love that place. But don’t be intimidated by the lines, it goes fast.