• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Newb error of the Spring - cleanout plugs ajar

knoxboatin

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yep, first outing of spring and I pulled away from the marina with cleanout plugs ajar. They were in their holes, just left un-cinched to allow the seals to rest without pressure over winter. Pulled away a little sluggish but did move the boat, seemed to run rough. Then, "overheat alarm" started going off for both motors which on my AR210 seems to be the generic error it throws whenever it's not happy. Strangely, after clearing those with a press of "quit"... I would still get beep errors with nothing on the display and had to shut engines off and back on to stop it. Still drifting in the bay of my marina, the "DOH" moment came where I realized they were still sitting ajar.

Maybe this helps someone else, but even once they were in and locked down I repeatedly got the error on engine start. Cold motors...clearly they were not overheating. I found an old thread where someone suggested start, and shut off the motor 5 times in a row and it will clear out the error. After cycling battery, I did 5 cycles of engine start and kill, then the beeps stopped coming. Wisdom of the forums saves the first outing of spring. Looking forward to an active year.