• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Newbee need some help with 2017 Yamaha 242 Limited SE

ericyamajet

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Hi Everyone, recently I finally pull the trigger on buying a 2017 Yamaha 242 limited SE. Today when I pick up my boat from the storage the neighbor spot owner informed me his boat was vandalized. When I get home I start to inspect the boat and notice there is white hold by the starboard bow side on the bottom hull. Nothing on the port side. Does anyone know what this is? I can feel some glues surrounding the holes. Try the manual not able to find anything. Just wanted to make sure its safe for me to go in water. Any help is appreciated!! Please see the attach photo.

Attachments

WiskyDan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
It’s the anchor locker drain - perfectly normal.

Weeb

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Make sure that the fitting is sealed inside the anchor locker. They came from the factory not sealed between the inner and outer hull so the water comes in through the drain and ends up between the hulls.