• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Newby, FIRST jet, 2016 190FSH Prescott Valley Az, Questions

Drew Zok

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
I just bought my first Jet boat a 2016 190FSH, I Have some questions and appreciate your help, 1- where is best deal on sea deck?
2- I see different trolling motor brackets to attatch puck and bracket to, and wonder should I print the one to fab that's, two pages together or just buy the yamaha one for 190fsh, I just bought a 2015 I pilot 60" with 3 trips on it, came with the mounting plate and puck, lock, 2 batts, 16' wire, remote that has round quarter sized battery.

I bought the aluminum steering plate from Jeff it just came in yesterday, and safety keeper for cleanout, the boat I got from the original owner who used it 3 or 4 times and it only has 10 hours on it, another question, 3- do I need to suck the oil out of the engine and replace it with synthetic? It looks like new.

4- need a spare mount, any suggestions? I have the aluminum trailer and just replaced galvanized 14" wheels and C tires for 15" D rated with aluminum alloys, was thinking about putting trolling 60" 80lb thrust on port side with batteries in Starboard rear under flip up seat, thought this might be best for efficiency? Minn Kota i pilot came with 16' of power wire to go, please help with suggestions and thank you all!

Drew

Attachments

Last edited:

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Congrats on the new boat!

Can't comment on the trolling motor stuff but if the original owner didn't do the 10 hour maintenance then yes you should do it. I just use regular Yamaha oil change kits from partszilla. They have the cheapest prices I've found and fast shipping. You'll also need to add some grease to the intermediate bearing housing as its part of the 10 hour maintenance. Do not put in too much grease! All of this is covered in your owners manual and in the service manuals if you find/buy one.

Drew Zok

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Congrats on the new boat!

Can't comment on the trolling motor stuff but if the original owner didn't do the 10 hour maintenance then yes you should do it. I just use regular Yamaha oil change kits from partszilla. They have the cheapest prices I've found and fast shipping. You'll also need to add some grease to the intermediate bearing housing as its part of the 10 hour maintenance. Do not put in too much grease! All of this is covered in your owners manual and in the service manuals if you find/buy one.
Thank you, I'll do that, thanks for the lead where to get deal on oil!