• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Next wakeboard?

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Surfing is crazy fun, but I just cannot get enough wakeboarding, it is just so much adrenalin!

I'm currently riding a Hyperlite State 2.0, which has been a great board to learn on. Taking the training wheel center fins off this season has really turned it into a whole new board. However I'm getting to the point where I want a little more carving ability toe-side, a little more pop on the wave, and a little less spinning weight when rotating the board.

I'm not brand locked by any means. What are you guys riding or have progressed to?

Wicked92

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Surfing is crazy fun, but I just cannot get enough wakeboarding, it is just so much adrenalin!

I'm currently riding a Hyperlite State 2.0, which has been a great board to learn on. Taking the training wheel center fins off this season has really turned it into a whole new board. However I'm getting to the point where I want a little more carving ability toe-side, a little more pop on the wave, and a little less spinning weight when rotating the board.

I'm not brand locked by any means. What are you guys riding or have progressed to?
im in the same boat as you...no pun lol. Im on a beginner hyperlite with molded center fin and bolts outers for a tri-fin. Im looking for my next board too.

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
im in the same boat as you...no pun lol. Im on a beginner hyperlite with molded center fin and bolts outers for a tri-fin. Im looking for my next board too.
I would say anything without a center fin - you won't believe how it feels not to have those training wheels on!

Wicked92

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
wait im an idiot. im dual fin. Franchise, 2019 Hyperlite

Attachments

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
wait im an idiot. im dual fin. Franchise, 2019 Hyperlite
Nice! I'm looking at the Hyperlite Murry 2020 board ... which is affordable. OR go full rtrd and get the Ronix Massi Special - RXT.

Wicked92

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Nice! I'm looking at the Hyperlite Murry 2020 board ... which is affordable. OR go full rtrd and get the Ronix Massi Special - RXT.
holy shit 1300...yikes

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Wakeboards hurt too much when I crash....and I crash a lot. I moved to a skate awhile back.

Grab a cheap one and ride it with no fins. You want to talk about a tilt-a-whirl on the end of a rope, it's super "slippery" to ride.

I've been riding a Hyperlite Stylus for a decade now. Great, easy, fun.

my next big purchase will most likely be a foil at some level. Those look like both a challenge to ride, and a soft landing during the learning curve phase :D

Wicked92

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Wakeboards hurt too much when I crash....and I crash a lot. I moved to a skate awhile back.

Grab a cheap one and ride it with no fins. You want to talk about a tilt-a-whirl on the end of a rope, it's super "slippery" to ride.

I've been riding a Hyperlite Stylus for a decade now. Great, easy, fun.

my next big purchase will most likely be a foil at some level. Those look like both a challenge to ride, and a soft landing during the learning curve phase :D
i bought a wake skate last year, holy shit it was hard to ride. Ill give it ago again this year.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
i bought a wake skate last year, holy shit it was hard to ride. Ill give it ago again this year.
They're really squirrelly compared to a wakeboard. Less surface area, rounded edges and way more rocker.

Love mine. I'll never go back to bindings!

Wake_Dude

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I've got nothing to add, but to simply say I'm glad seeing you and other people getting more into wakeboarding. It seems the sport is almost dead at this point; nobody does it. I think the surfing thing is cool, but soooooo limited. It reminds me of that Morgan Wallen song "Up Down". The bobber's in the pond goin' up down, up down, up down...". LOL.

My favorite thing to do is to bust big air tricks near people who are "surfing". The "shit their pants" look on their face is amazeballs. LOL.

I currently use what some would consider a very slow board, an older O'brien Valhalla 143" with the center fins removed. For me it works awesome, but it is slightly slow when quick carving; however, extremely stable and gives great "pop" off the wake; easy to surface 360/180 as well.

Wicked92

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
I've got nothing to add, but to simply say I'm glad seeing you and other people getting more into wakeboarding. It seems the sport is almost dead at this point; nobody does it. I think the surfing thing is cool, but soooooo limited. It reminds me of that Morgan Wallen song "Up Down". The bobber's in the pond goin' up down, up down, up down...". LOL.

My favorite thing to do is to bust big air tricks near people who are "surfing". The "shit their pants" look on their face is amazeballs. LOL.

I currently use what some would consider a very slow board, an older O'brien Valhalla 143" with the center fins removed. For me it works awesome, but it is slightly slow when quick carving; however, extremely stable and gives great "pop" off the wake; easy to surface 360/180 as well.
While I keep hearing the sport is dying, I think its due to people not wanting to do anything besides party and drink on their boats at a "spot" on the weekends. We have 2 main "hangouts" on our bay and they become a shit show by middle of summer. New boat owners, pontoons namely lol, all flock their to take pictures to post to social media and the "look at me crowd". Don't get me wrong, I like to party, but I bought the boat for watersports first.

I come from snowboarding in the winter, and wakeboarding feeds that itch during the off season, I can't understand how the sport is dying when it relates closely. I love wake surfing too, but wakeboarding def is a lil more exhilarating, more forgiving on boat setup.

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length

Saw three legit vdrives today, all pulling tubes. WTF