• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

ZUP board first impressions

Coult45

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
First impression...looks like a really creepy clown...

1687733425391.jpeg

Got the You Got This 2.0 as our first foray into wakeboarding. Took my daughter, my niece, and her boyfriend (all late 20's) out to try it out today. None of us have ever ridden a wakeboard or kneeboard. I waterskied once in 1989 and I don't think any of them have ever been on water skis. So we're all fairly inexperienced. Our impressions from today:

• The board is heavier and larger than I expected.
  • It's comfortable and easy to kneel on. Good surface.
  • It's a piece of cake to get started. Everyone was really comfortable riding as a knee board.
  • Standing the first few times is a little tricky, but still easier than we expected. Everyone got all the way up at least once, although it was brief for a couple of them.
  • We're huge fans after day one.
I only rode it once, then had to drop my wife off on the dock, so I lost my driver. None of the kids know how to operate the boat yet, so I'll have to wait till next weekend to get another shot, with either my wife or my neighbor driving.

Grabbed a screenshot of one video showing how close this jackass on a wave runner was, hopping our wake back and forth while we were towing. I didn't notice him during my ride, but I had to wave him off pretty aggressively when I saw him back there again while I was pulling my niece. Idiot.

1687734502814.jpeg

Here's a short video from my initial ride. Side by side foot position is pretty comfortable and stable, but I'll shift to a front and back stance once I get the hang of this thing.

thetwb13

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We have had that same board since 2017 (got it when our daughter was about 4 years old) and it has been a hit since Day 1, especially with novices to watersports. Can't beat it for versatility, but I haven't had much like trying to use it as a wakeboard yet. My daughter has since graduated to water skis, but this definitely helped her build her confidence and our friends always like using it when they come out with us!

Coult45

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
First time out, I rode with my feet in the two side-by-side straps. Second time out was a few days ago, and I tried a staggered stance like snowboarding. It was really stable and comfortable, maybe even easier than the foot straps if you've done any skate/snow boarding. This is definitely the way I'll ride it from now on.

it's definitely a great board for beginners. I took my neighbor and his kids out over the weekend, and they all got up on their feet at some point. And I think they now have one on order.

1688673242021.jpeg

YoDaddy292

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
What is your approximate speed when using it? Are there foot straps for surf position or just the side by side? Looks like something I'd like to add to the arsenal.

Coult45

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Right now, we're running at about 14mph. But that's after only three outings. Not sure if that's where we'll stay or if we'll go a little faster as we get better. There are no foot straps in the surf position, but you don't need them. The surface is really grippy and comfortable. There was never a time that I felt like I would slip off.

the side by side straps are nice mainly because they get beginners to put their feet at the center of balance on the board, so you're not too far forward or back as you get started.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I had one and sold it. In the end We weren't a big fan and especially if there was a bit of chop. We prefer wakeboarding more. Tried it for a couple/few years off and on. Any cross wakes from other boats and it is very easy to lose control. Also crossing the wake is sketchy. Definitely easy to get up on. If you do lay down on it you will get smack in the face sooner or later. On a wakeboard you have more control and are able to dig in the back and have much more control.