• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Nice and Cheap flush kit/How-to

ScarabMike

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If you own a Rotax powered boat, you already know what a PITA to screw the garden hose to the flush pipe. You should do this after every use, regardless of fresh or salt water enviorment. Here is a video explaining how to do it.

This has been remedied in 2015 with the longer pipe that makes it better accessible. But if you brake it, get ready $$$.

I found a cheap kit that will work just as well if not better than the Sea Doo kit.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000E1AHVW/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It works great. Ill have some pics on the install and use soon.

Last edited:

MrMoose

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Interesting. Based on the pics that you posted, I think that Home Depot/Loews/... carries the same fixtures in their garden section. Seriously.

MrMoose

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Oh, by the way... I love your boat pic... sexy like a Sarab.

smthng

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
If it helps at all, they make the same size fittings in brass for pressure washers. Usually a couple bucks a piece and can often be found in Lowes if you need some "right now".

aarons1k

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I bought a steel set at Menards for under $6 . Worked great , I never left it screws on boat but took 30 sec to install . I also used it to winterize my 155 exhaust system . Hooked it up to a extra bilge pump in a bucket of antifreeze and 1-2 min later all done ...

Aces_Over_Kings

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Can confirm; I have one of these on my Speedster 155 (same flush fitting) and it makes life LOTS easier. I drop my machine in Boston Harbor, so freshwater/saltaway flush is a religious affair.

I leave the fitting in the flush port and haven't had problems. Not sure if that's advisable, but so far so good.

Franchise

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
This is interesting because I spoke to Scarab corporate a few weeks ago before I bought my boat and inquired about the carbon seal breaking. He said because I'm using it on lakes here in MI, he recommends I DO NOT do this. He said if I lived in FL, he recommends. He said this is what is causing the carbon seals to go bad. Not sure this helps anyone but thought i'd share since reading this.

If you own a Rotax powered boat, you already know what a PITA to screw the garden hose to the flush pipe. You should do this after every use, regardless of fresh or salt water enviorment. Here is a video explaining how to do it.

This has been remedied in 2015 with the longer pipe that makes it better accessible. But if you brake it, get ready $$$.

I found a cheap kit that will work just as well if not better than the Sea Doo kit.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000E1AHVW/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It works great. Ill have some pics on the install and use soon.

Aces_Over_Kings

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Hi Franchise, just to be clear — they said the flushing process (running too long out of water / no cooling I assume?) is causing it, or simply leaving the flush port attached is causing it?

ScarabMike

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
This is interesting because I spoke to Scarab corporate a few weeks ago before I bought my boat and inquired about the carbon seal breaking. He said because I'm using it on lakes here in MI, he recommends I DO NOT do this. He said if I lived in FL, he recommends. He said this is what is causing the carbon seals to go bad. Not sure this helps anyone but thought i'd share since reading this.
Whoever you talked to is a complete moron. Flush the boat out for no longer than 60 seconds. It doesnt matter what type of water you ride on, there is sediment, salt, calcium that you get rid of by flushing the boat after use. Ive had my boat almost 5 years now. Never had a carbon seal issue. What I thoyght was a carbon seal ended up being a loose bellows clamp. The old carbon seal was brand new.

Franchise

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Hi Franchise, just to be clear — they said the flushing process (running too long out of water / no cooling I assume?) is causing it, or simply leaving the flush port attached is causing it?
Whoever you talked to is a complete moron. Flush the boat out for no longer than 60 seconds. It doesnt matter what type of water you ride on, there is sediment, salt, calcium that you get rid of by flushing the boat after use. Ive had my boat almost 5 years now. Never had a carbon seal issue. What I thoyght was a carbon seal ended up being a loose bellows clamp. The old carbon seal was brand new.
Gents - I'm a complete newby here so I don't know what works or not. But when I called in to speak to the warranty folks (to verify work that was done on my boat before I bought it), they told me NOT to do it since I live in MI and folks who should do it are ones who ride in salt water. He specifically said it's whats causing the carbon seal issue. I don't know anything about the carbon seal issue or anything else as I am very new to these jet boats. But I will say, I love it so far (minus the few scares w/check engine light (after filling completely w/gas or sucking up some mysterious thing making some weird noise)).