• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Night Lights

Thunderseye

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Not sure whats going on. we for the first time were out on the lake last night. If i turn the nav lights both red and green lit up. but if i pushed it to anchor the front both and green turned off. new boater but are there other anchor lights? its odd that that both lights are good when in nav but as soon as i push to anchor they noth turn off?

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Your anchor light is on top of your Tower.

Thunderseye

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
:oops: I didn't know there was a light on the tower? i think that's the one place i didn't look. I will check it out next time we go out.

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
:oops: I didn't know there was a light on the tower? i think that's the one place i didn't look. I will check it out next time we go out.
Might be a good idea to check out a boater course, supremely helpful. Just an FYI, anchor light is a single white light, to be used only while at anchor. While moving, all nav lights are required, meaning the red/green and white light. This is how to determine if a boat is moving or stopped in the dark, and from which direction you are approaching it.

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Might be a good idea to check out a boater course, supremely helpful. Just an FYI, anchor light is a single white light, to be used only while at anchor. While moving, all nav lights are required, meaning the red/green and white light. This is how to determine if a boat is moving or stopped in the dark, and from which direction you are approaching it.
@Thunderseye I second this - a safe boating course will help those who don't know the rules of water navigation. I don't mean to be rude, but knowing the difference between an anchor light and nav lights is like "safety 102" on the water. Numero uno is "navigation buoys" or "right of way".

I believe most locations around the globe require a safe boating course license which means you know what you're doing on the water. Many years ago we didn't have licenses and just boated and had fun. But with so many people on the water these days, and drowning is a common accident, attention to driving a boat is easily as important as driving a vehicle.

Having said that, if you just didn't know the switches and know what you're doing, then hey that's great and just part of learning the boat. Have fun!
:D

Thunderseye

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Took the course, passed it have the card, but since the two years later we had never actually been out at night. I know to watch for the colors and which way to go. Just a brain fart. And refresher. Again at dark we don’t move More than. A couple hundred yards, and my boat is clearly lit up, had pole up, which is lit in white, just thought for some reason there might be something I was missing. I am not that guy on the lake there are enough of them on the daylight. Thanks for the refresh on lights. Some Douche was blowing it up on a jet ski with no lights. Called the Dnr on that guy. I got kiids jerk.

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
We just had our VSP marine inspection, on our sailboat, this weekend. One of the questions is...Did you take the course? Have a card? Our answer was...We are too old. We are grandfathered in as we were both born many years before Jan 1, 1974.

20200711_150409.jpg

This sticker will get us a pass from being boarded by the authorities, unless there is an obvious violation.

20200711_142422.jpg