• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

No wake mode not working

paulfree

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
2007 Yamaha AR230. Neither switch will activate the no wake mode for either engine. I've been told that the activation of the no wake is tied to engine idle / rpm speeds.
Is there some way I can check this , or what I may neeed to do to facilitate repairs? Thanks

plasticpig

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SR
Boat Length
I had a similar issue but my Starboard Engine would not engage no wake after it had been running for a while, there is a throttle stop screw under the air filter, 1/8 to 1/4 turn Anti-Clockwise seems to resolve the issue, it is a T style head on the screw for reference. take the air filter out and it is pretty well central and easy to spot.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
no wake will not engage if you are above idle rpms,
no wake is very sensitive about engaging if your battery voltage is low,

look in the FAQ for additional write up about adjusting the throttle stops,

Be sure to view my list of known issues for your model boat in my signature below,
especially some plug locks and your scupper valve,

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
You can tie in the YDS and see if the ECU ( computer) is attempting to drive the air bypass valve open. If it does then you know the ECU got the input from the switch. If not then it is probably the switch contacts having corrosion on them.