• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

No water on side cooling water pilot outlet

Paul Steele

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212XD
Boat Length
No water from the starboard side cooling water pilot outlet in my 18 242se

Got it to the ramp and moving over to dock waiting on family when noticed no water from pilot outlet

Engine has thrust in forward and reverse

Turned it off let it sit - pondered the issues - no clue what to do from here

Fired it up one more time and still nothing

Killed the engine and got it out of the water on one engine

I pulled the caps and nothing tangled up
Crawled underneath at home - nothing in the intakes at all

Any suggestions - under warranty - will get it to dealer

Scottie

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Have you checked the hoses at the fittings? Also, make sures the outlets aren't clogged. Dirt daubers, etc like those openings. Water flow from the cooling outlets is just a visual indicator for you. No water from the outlets does not necessarily mean there's a cooling problem in the engine. In fact, it usually does not mean that.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
many times you won't get flow unless you increase the RPM's significantly,

I agree with the above, most times lack of flow isn't enough to make you go home but it should make you question, lack of flow and an overheat alarm would be enough for me to shut it down and come in,

run a weedeater line 3ft down the openings and go out to the lake and try it again at higher rpms to help diagnose it,

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length