• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

NOCO Genius Gen2

subysti

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Guess my old boat had a stronger charging system. Dual batteries, 400 watt amp with 4 speakers. We usually sit for a few hours cooking and hanging out then do all the tubing and skiing. also spent hours fishing with the sonar on with music. never turned off the battery switch. I did take the batteries out over the winter and kept them on a charger. I will get a charger for the new boat though, not taking a chance. @ChargerGuy do you have any promariner chargers that are not remanufactured, they are all listed as remanufactured on ebay.

David Analog

Jetboaters Commander
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
NA
Afraid not as I do not do anything with solar. Solar usually does not have the same power as a 12 amp prosport, so the recharge would be much longer.
ChargerGuy,
Do you think a solar charger would be enough to run a chainsaw?

Island Jay

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@subysti
I am a reman dealer. Basically I offer open box store returns that are tested by factory techs. Reman is not for everyone, but is is for those that want to save about 50% off MSRP. Check out my decade long feedback on ebay that shows I offer a quality product. If you still want new, no worries. I am happy to provide insights.

@David Analog
I cannot tell if you are joking or not, but I would have no clue how a chainsaw works.

David Analog

Jetboaters Commander
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
NA
@subysti
I am a reman dealer. Basically I offer open box store returns that are tested by factory techs. Reman is not for everyone, but is is for those that want to save about 50% off MSRP. Check out my decade long feedback on ebay that shows I offer a quality product. If you still want new, no worries. I am happy to provide insights.

@David Analog
I cannot tell if you are joking or not, but I would have no clue how a chainsaw works.
Joking of course. I cannot believe you have already forgot about our friend Chainsaw.

rickd01

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Do you carry the Noco Gen2 20A 2 bank charger?

Island Jay

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have sold a few in the past. Honestly I am not crazy about them. It is like buying two 10 amp chargers. The chargers I tend to offer send the amps where needed.
Example, a 20 amp 2 bank prosport connect to a dead and full battery. It will send the full 20 amps to the dead battery vs only 10. The noco cannot do this and will only send the 10. Makes a big difference when time is a factor.

rickd01

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
ok, do you have any in stock? I plan on having the second battery starboard side, will the cable that comes with the prosport reach? approx 4-5ft

Island Jay

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I do, yes. They are here.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/161653672909
I can offer it for $90 as a direct sale with a paypal invoice or card by phone.
DC Cables are 5 feet long.

Let me know if I can help more.
thanks!
Jason

David Analog

Jetboaters Commander
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
NA
I have sold a few in the past. Honestly I am not crazy about them. It is like buying two 10 amp chargers. The chargers I tend to offer send the amps where needed.
Example, a 20 amp 2 bank prosport connect to a dead and full battery. It will send the full 20 amps to the dead battery vs only 10. The noco cannot do this and will only send the 10. Makes a big difference when time is a factor.
Maybe we should be more careful with the full 20 amps to one bank statement. I have assumed the same from ProSport's assertions and since amended my interpretation. A full 20 amps per bank delivery under certain conditions for a 20 amp charger, and the limitation of using a single battery per bank (or the limitations of A/H capacity per bank), can't both be entirely true. That 'distribute on demand' is tricky.

Island Jay

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@David Analog In what respect?
Yes, the DOD technology is about sending the amps where needed. In the case of a 20 amp charger, it may be 20 amps. It may be 18 amps and 2 for the other. The computer controls it all. Regardless, it is still far more than 10 amps.
There is a limitation of one battery per bank when it comes to a lot of these chargers. I know in theory you could get away with 2 on the 1 banks, but that could be a long drawn own discussion.

David Analog

Jetboaters Commander
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
NA
@David Analog In what respect?
Yes, the DOD technology is about sending the amps where needed. In the case of a 20 amp charger, it may be 20 amps. It may be 18 amps and 2 for the other. The computer controls it all. Regardless, it is still far more than 10 amps.
There is a limitation of one battery per bank when it comes to a lot of these chargers. I know in theory you could get away with 2 on the 1 banks, but that could be a long drawn own discussion.
I hate to open this can of worms again because we just had an exhaustive conversation about it elsewhere and we were both on the same side of the argument.
Both or all three individual banks have limitations relating to wire gauge and drive transistor dissipation. Certainly you can exceed the 10 amp per bank rating on a singular bank for a limited duration and when the other banks are not taxed. But product cost and elements of the build would preclude a single bank delivering the total charger capacity of 20 amps through a single bank. ProSport's strong cautionary note, not only in the owners manual, but when speaking directly with their top technician, against exceeding one battery per bank, certainly speaks to the current limitations of each bank.
We know that you have to apply some common sense in how you interpret 'a single battery'. What's more pertinent is the actual depleted capacity, which could be comprised of one large battery (group 31) or two small batteries (2 X group 34), being about equal. Never the less, the constraints that apply to one issue apply to the other issue for the identical reasons.

Island Jay

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hey @David Analog, I was wondering if you were the same "David" from the other forum.
I agree, really dont want to get into this again and to be honest I just let that post on that other forum go.

Basically follow the factory guidelines. If you know more about electronics and want to take a risk, that is a customers choice.
(I think that is much more simple than the other discussion!)