• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Non-Rainy Warm Day in Georgia

yjander

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Had a very nice weather day yesterday in Georgia and it wasn't raining!! Went out to Lake Allatoona to take my new AR192 out for the second time! I was pretty excited, but man the lake was really high.
Anyway, here some pictures of our trip with the whole family! I love my new boat and I cant wait for summer!!!

FYI, the pic of the sky was a large flock? of geese heading north. Two to three separate groups in a cool "V" shape. you have to zoom in to really see them.

Attachments

Last edited:

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I spot the kids costco life vests! I've got maybe 3 of those! Yeah man, it was very nice yesterday, too bad today looks like poop again.

yjander

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
I spot the kids costco life vests! I've got maybe 3 of those! Yeah man, it was very nice yesterday, too bad today looks like poop again.
Those costco life jackets were an awesome deal. Very comfy, my daughter doesn't hate it like the old infant one, she hated that one!
Will it ever stop raining in the south? I know water is a boaters best friend, but only contained in lakes and streams!!! Come on, stop raining!

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Nice man! I boat on Allatoona. Waiting for
It it warm up a tad bit more before I de-winterize my boat. Also worried about high water levels and submerged objects. What part of Marietta do you live in? I also live there.

yjander

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Nice man! I boat on Allatoona. Waiting for
It it warm up a tad bit more before I de-winterize my boat. Also worried about high water levels and submerged objects. What part of Marietta do you live in? I also live there.
I was worried about submerged objects as well, but I've been on Allatoona for about 10 years, so I kinda know where the channel is and just stayed in that area mostly (avoided that shallow "reef" area on the southend at Glade Marina when we went by that). We live in East Cobb area, near Sandy Plains and Piedmont Road.

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Matt did you buy the boat yet? What did you get?

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Matt did you buy the boat yet? What did you get?
Yes, a few weeks ago. Got the ‘18 SL 450. The red/white one if you remember the pics I posted.

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
yes! awesome boat! so now you have a rad basement and a cool boat... win win

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I was worried about submerged objects as well, but I've been on Allatoona for about 10 years, so I kinda know where the channel is and just stayed in that area mostly (avoided that shallow "reef" area on the southend at Glade Marina when we went by that). We live in East Cobb area, near Sandy Plains and Piedmont Road.
Same here. Grown up boating on Allatoona. We are in East Cobb too. We are over near Roswell Road and Johnson Ferry. Random as hell question, but does your wife workout at the East Cobb Orange Theory? My wife and I go there. If she doesn’t she has a twin that does lol.

yjander

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Same here. Grown up boating on Allatoona. We are in East Cobb too. We are over near Roswell Road and Johnson Ferry. Random as hell question, but does your wife workout at the East Cobb Orange Theory? My wife and I go there. If she doesn’t she has a twin that does lol.
Yea, I like Allatonna, its busy as hell though in the summer. Yea, she's been going to the East Cobb OTF for about 2 or 3 years. I joined the Kennesaw OTF and sometimes go to the east cobb one on the weekends (if all the classes aren't waitlisted!) Small Jetboat world, huh?!

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Yea, I like Allatonna, its busy as hell though in the summer. Yea, she's been going to the East Cobb OTF for about 2 or 3 years. I joined the Kennesaw OTF and sometimes go to the east cobb one on the weekends (if all the classes aren't waitlisted!) Small Jetboat world, huh?!
Ha yep sure is. Will give you a shout if i see you guys out on water.

yjander

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Ha yep sure is. Will give you a shout if i see you guys out on water.
Sounds good. I'd love to meet a fellow jet boater (even former!) We usually find a beach around Park Marina area so the kid and dogs can play in the sand. Post a picture of your boat so I can be on the lookout!

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Sounds good. I'd love to meet a fellow jet boater (even former!) We usually find a beach around Park Marina area so the kid and dogs can play in the sand. Post a picture of your boat so I can be on the lookout!
We usually hang out in same area. Where do you store yours? We kept the last boat wet slipped at Park, but thinking of towing this year so we can visit Lanier too.

This is the new boat.

41AE1086-F76C-4861-8C1A-8011135D07D4.jpeg

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Love the pic of (I’m guessing) your daughter hugging the dog :)

Wished we could get out here but rain is back in the forecast again dumping a crapload today. Lakes can’t catch a break! So ready to get back out there.

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

Wished we could get out here but rain is back in the forecast again dumping a crapload today. Lakes can’t catch a break! So ready to get back out there.
Sick of the rain! Our lakes here are well over full pool. Submerged objects and also debris in lake from all the flooding. Hope it calms down and settles by April.

yjander

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length

Thank you. That's my daughter and dog Louie. He's been out boat dog for going on 8 years now. He loves our kid, not so much others! The rain is relentless. I hope it doesn't screw up the begining of the season.

Attachments

yjander

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
We usually hang out in same area. Where do you store yours? We kept the last boat wet slipped at Park, but thinking of towing this year so we can visit Lanier too.

This is the new boat.

View attachment 112731
That's a beautiful boat. Looks fun, I would like to get into tow sports one-day. I'll look for you this summer.

I keep my boat at my house. We trailer. Like to go up to lake chatuge and Hartwell during the summer.

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
That's a beautiful boat. Looks fun, I would like to get into tow sports one-day. I'll look for you this summer.

I keep my boat at my house. We trailer. Like to go up to lake chatuge and Hartwell during the summer.
Thanks! Yeah we are excited about it. We had a great time with our Yamaha. Looking forward to this year with the new boat.

Oh ok must be nice! I live in a subdivision with a tiny driveway and no room to park. I bring it to the house from time to time to clean but have to park in the cul de sac.

yjander

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Thanks! Yeah we are excited about it. We had a great time with our Yamaha. Looking forward to this year with the new boat.

Oh ok must be nice! I live in a subdivision with a tiny driveway and no room to park. I bring it to the house from time to time to clean but have to park in the cul de sac.
Well I have room in my driveway to park it. My old boat fit in the garage, but this new one won't fit, even with the tower folded down. Damn 1970s houses, the garage is only 6-feet tall.

It sounds like your neighborhood is older and not in a HOA, so you can park you boat in the cul de sac. We live in an older neighborhood so no HOA complaining about my boat parked in my driveway.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Great shots! Looks like a really fun day!

Love the dog with the Bud Light can. he looks quite pleased with himself!