• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

noob here...stereo question

Lvjayhawk15

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hey all!
I'm new to our AR230 (2004) and our stereo and remote both work but we'd like to upgrade to a better head unit so we can have bluetooth from our phones for the music but still love the swimdeck remote. Are there replacements/upgrades you've liked?
I'm not stellar with electronics, but basic wiring and a diagram and I should be able to install.
We'd also eventually like to add some tower speakers as well, if that makes a difference for the HU.

Thanks in advance!

scot71

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
This is what I used for our '04 sx230. It was inexpensive and easy to install. I was also able to use the existing wiring for the remotes.
downloadfile.jpg
I cut up a plastic cutting board to make a backing plate for the helm remote.
20150313_144953.jpg

BlkGS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
My boat has an Infinity PRV250. It's a fine unit, if a little basic, but sounds good and has bluetooth

It's being replaced with an infinity PRV 315 after Christmas, as that has a nicer screen and 3 preouts for me to run a few amplifiers.

Lvjayhawk15

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Sorry for the late reply, but thank you!! We'll look into this! ...can winter be over now?!

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
X2 on Kenwood Marine Radios KMR series for us. One of the first things I did when we bought the boat in 2016 was change out the stereo. The KMR-D765-BT head unit is great for what we need. It fit perfectly in the factory location being a din 1 size. Added a Kenwood amp, a new remote on the swim platform and some new Polks in the cockpit. All plug n play. Not the loudest at the beach, but that is ok with us.

20170501_174203_001.jpg
20170501_174128.jpg
0826160930a.jpg
We liked our Kenwood so much that we put another one in the Beneteau. Changing the backing plate from black starboard to black cherry wood
20181216_081132.jpg
And a GPS speedo could be next. Similar to the one below, the factory Dreamometers are known to be inaccurate. My paddle wheel stopped working.

Attachments

Last edited:

Banditgrrr

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
@Lvjayhawk15 Not sure if you've already worked on your stereo but looking at the members map, we're not far from each other. I just upgraded my Clarion M505 with a wired remote to a Fusion MS-RA70 and couldn't be happier. The Fusion gives me the ability to control my cabin speakers separately from my tower speakers. I also use a 64G USB thumbdrive with all my music so I'm not burning up my phone battery on the lake. The Fusion also has bluetooth remotes which work perfectly as you don't have to cut holes in the boat for a wired remote. I'm regretting cutting the hole for the Clarion remote. Below are the links to the Fusion head unit and remotes. If you're heading out to Lake Mead, let me know. I usually launch at the Boulder Beach ramp.

Head Unit
Fusion MS-RA70

Remote
Fusion MS-ARX70B (Black)

Lvjayhawk15

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Banditgrrr I haven't gotten to work on the boat yet actually, but that's great info! Cool you're in Vegas, the fam and I are heading out Tuesday this coming week, we launch out of Calville then usually go to Sandy Cove (not the beach, the actual cove where those porta-johns are at). It'd be cool to head out together sometime!