• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Noob to boating got me a scarab 215ho

ScarabOG

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
215 G
Boat Length
Sup everyone. I’m from Houston tx first time owning a boat. Have little experience. I’ve only drove a few pontoons and jet skis. I just purchased a 2014 scarab 215 ho with 84hrs got it for 33k from a dealer in New Orleans how did I do on that ? Here’s some pictures of her

Attachments

Crob83

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Supercharged intercooled so twin 250hp The paperwork says twin 265hp but I’m told they just call them 250s.
Cool, I'm not too familiar with SC Rotax stuff. May be worth checking if they have the upgraded SC or not, so you know when you need to service them or not

ScarabOG

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
215 G
Boat Length
Cool, I'm not too familiar with SC Rotax stuff. May be worth checking if they have the upgraded SC or not, so you know when you need to service them or not
Yeah they do have newer maintenance free ones. Once my hours are due I’ll be upgrading to those

MajorBummer210

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You did good. Have a safe summer. No one is having fun if someone ends up dead or hurt. And dont let anyone rush you at the ramp. That being said, practice at the ramp on weekdays. Don’t wait till Memorial Day weekend to take your boat out for the first time.

The Egret Bay boat launch is pretty easy going.

ScarabOG

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
215 G
Boat Length
You did good. Have a safe summer. No one is having fun if someone ends up dead or hurt. And dont let anyone rush you at the ramp. That being said, practice at the ramp on weekdays. Don’t wait till Memorial Day weekend to take your boat out for the first time.

The Egret Bay boat launch is pretty easy going.
Oh I work critical jobs in the nuclear field / oil field I got two two speeds slow and slower lmao. I stay right by lake Houston so I’ll go practice out there before I take her to Florida 🤙🏼

MajorBummer210

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Clear Lake Texas is where we boat a majority of the time. There’s a boat launch on Egret Bay Blvd that’ll get you in the water easy. Plus, party cove is fun for families in the morning and fun for the single crowd in the afternoons. We also haul to Canyon Lake about 3 times a summer. Crystal clear water.

ScarabOG

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
215 G
Boat Length
Clear Lake Texas is where we boat a majority of the time. There’s a boat launch on Egret Bay Blvd that’ll get you in the water easy. Plus, party cove is fun for families in the morning and fun for the single crowd in the afternoons. We also haul to Canyon Lake about 3 times a summer. Crystal clear water.
I’ve actually never been to canyon lake but for sure is on my list this summer