• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Northern VA Request - Winterizing

ctglass

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Looking for dealer or mechanic recommendations in the DC or Northern VA area to winterize my 2016 242X. I usually have Holly Acres the local Yamaha dealer just up the road come to my marina to perform annual services. However this year they are not offering travel services and instead are insisting on an additional $300 charge to pickup and return my boat. While I am inclined to winterize myself for the first time, the boat has a fully documented service history with dealers, including the prior owner, and I hate to break the streak. Just curious if anyone is aware of any local dealers or mechanics that will travel for winterization services?

Side thought.. do others in the area pump antifreeze through the engines and/or ballast system, or can this be skipped and simply fog the engines? Thanks!

There’s so little to do I don’t think any amount or hassle taking it a dealer/mechanic is justified. I don’t pump antifreeze into anything except the freshwater washdown (make sure you get it in the hose and nozzle too, ask me how I know). I also do not bother with fogging (my engines are hard enough on plugs as it is).

The only thing I do is clean it, dump in some Stabil, run it for a minute on the hose to circulate, remove the toys and batteries, and cover it good. This has been my successful process for 7 winters, some of which had single digit temps briefly.

I missed this part and don’t have ballast tanks but I would try to run antifreeze through them if possible.

Back