• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Northerners, how late do you keep going out?

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Looks like a decent next few days for some boating. Going to get the kids from school tomorrow and go out for a while and then the weekend looks good as well. Had to pay for storage before, and this weekend would be the "put in" date for the pontoon to go into hibernation but being able to store the boat at home gives me the opportunity to keep the season alive. How late are you northerners going to keep going this season?

Luc Lafreniere

Jetboaters Captain
Staff member
Scarab Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 G
Boat Length
Ottawa, Canada checking in. Planning on going out again this weekend. Watching night time temps to make sure they don't go below freezing. But it's borderline at night.

Renod

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
SE Michigan here. By the end of September we start to wave the white flag. Fuel tanks are full and treated with Seafoam. Plan on changing the oil this weekend. Call the shrink wrap guy next week.

And then the season is done. Please excuse me while I go and cry in my beer... 😢

Peelz

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
terrible year also crying in my beer.

7 trips total! last trip was September 15. but it was hit and miss all season. And it wasnt really the nicest day.... we try to stretch it too....

Even our annual ozarks trip last weekend the weather turned to garbage. high 70's all week before... hit 40 the night we got there. I didnt even bring the boat down... time for maintenance and winterizing as soon as I have time.....

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Great to hear from the "Great White North". I'm going to try to go as late as possible even if I have to take the tower off to get it in the shop for below freezing overnight temps.

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Season started out horrendous like @Peelz but we still went out every weekend the weather and river levels let us. Prob went out 15-20 trips so not to bad of a season considering conditions.

mwalker4

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Central Ohio. Unexpectedly this weekend is a go and the trees are full color. I expect this is it. Boat has had full tank and Stabil 360 Marine since 1 Oct. Storing the boat in one of the home garages makes the last date flexible. Plan on topping tank off again and fogging 1 Nov.

Dave burke

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Upstate NY - just stowed the boat yesterday. And it’s raining all day today with a flood warning!

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Looked at the forecast to the end of the month and we're supposed to be in the 50's to mid 60's for highs. Hopefully it's right. Just thinking about previous years when the boat was put away for the season and we would have great weather for getting it out but couldn't. After I do decide to put it to bed I'' just have to get my winter toy outCAT.jpg

NewBoater

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
SE Michigan here. By the end of September we start to wave the white flag. Fuel tanks are full and treated with Seafoam. Plan on changing the oil this weekend. Call the shrink wrap guy next week.

And then the season is done. Please excuse me while I go and cry in my beer... 😢
I’m in the same boat pretty much the end of September in Virginia. Mine is clean and in the garage now for winter with fresh oil and the gas treated with stabil.

Dave burke

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Looked at the forecast to the end of the month and we're supposed to be in the 50's to mid 60's for highs. Hopefully it's right. Just thinking about previous years when the boat was put away for the season and we would have great weather for getting it out but couldn't. After I do decide to put it to bed I'' just have to get my winter toy outView attachment 107174
mean looking machine!

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Have to keep my sanity in the winter somehow, just happens to be the right color green

Kevin-yyz

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Last day was October 14th. Water temp was 53deg. Its been winterized, waiting on the shrinkwrap.

biglar155

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
30 miles north of Milwaukee here.

I COULD keep boating into October but when the kids are back in school we start getting busy (and the bugs start going through the house).

Normally I take the first nice Saturday I get after mid-September to pack her away. I've actually boated into late-September once or twice - and it's very nice - but that was back when we had time. (You know, back when you didn't think you had time but now that you're older you realize how much time you actually had compared to how little time you have now? Rinse and Repeat.)

It's partially because I refuse to fool with a garden hose when the temps get below 50 and partly because I need to stuff the boat in back of the storage unit so that I can pile all of the "summer stuff" (deck furniture, lawn mower, etc) in front of it and still have room to jam the Daysailor in there.

The Daysailor has to go in storage because it sits in the driveway in the summer. A blocked driveway means I can't get in the garage and not getting in the garage means I have to scrape windows in the morning.

I hate scraping windows in the morning.

My goal each year is to be parked indoors by trick-or-treat weekend. I've hit it roughly 90% of the time we've been in the house.

I've got to re-arrange storage and move a bunch of things around this coming weekend but I intend to be parked inside by Sunday night. Trick-or-Treat will be on the 26th.

Dennis P

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Removal September 30.jpgStowing the gear.jpgWeb Cam Treadwell Bay.jpgReady for the long sleep.jpg

This year we pulled her on September 30. Treadwell Bay Marina, Lake Champlain NY has October 1 as the season close but are operational through the month of October with access to the bathrooms, showers and fuel to accommodate the winter storage of the boats on site. The marina has 300 slips , You can see in the web cam pic dated October 12 a large number of boats have already been removed. I store my boat out doors at my son in law's just west of Montreal, Quebec, Canada.

dgfreeze

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Central Ohio. Unexpectedly this weekend is a go and the trees are full color. I expect this is it. Boat has had full tank and Stabil 360 Marine since 1 Oct. Storing the boat in one of the home garages makes the last date flexible. Plan on topping tank off again and fogging 1 Nov.
View attachment 107172
Central Ohio also, Saturday is already booked for me, wife wants to go up to Amish country to order furniture, but we just bought our boat a little over a month ago, and only had her out twice. If I can convince the mrs, I might hit Alum Creek up Sunday afternoon if the rain holds off. Gonna be a long winter, staring at her in my barn...

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
This is my first year with the boat. I had intended for the Starved Rock-Peoria run to be my last outing, unfortunately it was below 40 that morning and it was cancelled. Most likely the weekend of Sept 7th was my last one. Girlfriend had back surgery this year in August, that put a damper on things. Really was hoping for 1 more good trip but I think tomorrow I’ll bring her home and put her to bed. Thinking oil change, clean her up, empty everything out, pull the batteries, cover, and off to the warehouse I’ve booked for the long winter. On the plus side, next year we should be in Chattanooga TN so the season will be a bit longer.

Plpbecks

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Central Ohio also, Saturday is already booked for me, wife wants to go up to Amish country to order furniture, but we just bought our boat a little over a month ago, and only had her out twice. If I can convince the mrs, I might hit Alum Creek up Sunday afternoon if the rain holds off. Gonna be a long winter, staring at her in my barn...
We were out at Alum last Sunday. It was beautiful! This Sunday looks even better. Hope you get out!

IA_210SX

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Southeast South Dakota here. Done for the season. The pull out date of the marina was the 14th. Nothing but wind for the last three weekends—been done since the 24th of September. Boat’s now in storage.

Wife and kids know how much the dog and I miss it already.

Those who still can get out, enjoy it for this who can’t.

mwalker4

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Most of the furniture in the house came from Gary at Dutch Craft furniture in Berlin. Enjoy the day and have some pie at Mrs Yoders for me.