• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Nylon Bolts = Bad

Coheeba

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
This was not a "bad idea". It was an idea that did not work. If you cannot (or refuse) to see how and object firmly bolted to the pumps hanging below the hull could not potentially cause a problem, then that is ok. It is your boat.
Not to beat this dead horse but....on the articulating keel boats the articulating keel is the lowest point on the boat.

Drives 2.JPG Drives 7.JPG

Foobar

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Don't want to beat this dead horse either, but the last log that I personally hit was on the starboard side of the boat just to the right of the keel. Anyway, he says the mounting plates on the nozzle will bend.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Don't want to beat this dead horse either, but the last log that I personally hit was on the starboard side of the boat just to the right of the keel. Anyway, he says the mounting plates on the nozzle will bend.
Impressive to know exactly where something hits your boat down to within in a few inches. I am not quite that familiar with my boat yet. Of course I usually just move out of the way if something is in the water.

Foobar

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I saw it at the last second. A sneaky bobbing log hiding in the glare. I turned, but still hit it. Felt it on the starboard side. It left a mark on hull that fortunately washed off easily. That is how I know exactly where it hit.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Glad nothing was damaged.

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yup something can hit bottem anywhere. It dont matter what is the lowest point.
I had my tranducer nailed and it almost took it off. And it it to the left and up from the port pump