• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

o2 sensors

Mxgirl1

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
if it keep flushing with salt termiantor over a period of time will the o2 sensors be ok. i habe had them replaced before which i have no problem with doing that. but i believe its due to lack of flushing and salt water. if i intermittently keep flushing my starboard engine do u think it will correct the 02 sensor? also i have rotax 250 4 tec. is the spark plug number DCPR83? 2017 scarab wake impulse edition

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Your spark plug should be DCPR8E. If you boat is used in salt water, you must/should flush after every use. Salt corrodes everything.
1604525633062.png

Mxgirl1

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Your spark plug should be DCPR8E. If you boat is used in salt water, you must/should flush after every use. Salt corrodes everything.
View attachment 136499
yes thats the plug and yes i know about flushing. my question was... if there is salt on the 02 sensors and i continue to flush with salt termintor will it clean it off so i can have my full throttle power back. or should i just change the sensors

ALAN MANN SR.

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Salt should never be on the O2 sensor, if salt or even water is on it you have a leak somewhere in the exhaust.

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
yes thats the plug and yes i know about flushing. my question was... if there is salt on the 02 sensors and i continue to flush with salt termintor will it clean it off so i can have my full throttle power back. or should i just change the sensors
When flushing, be sure to start the engine first, followed by turning on the water source. After 2 minutes, turn off water source and then turn the engine off. After cleaning the boat or after 5 minutes, restart the engine for 5 seconds (no water). This is to expel remaining water from the exhaust.

Mxgirl1

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
When flushing, be sure to start the engine first, followed by turning on the water source. After 2 minutes, turn off water source and then turn the engine off. After cleaning the boat or after 5 minutes, restart the engine for 5 seconds (no water). This is to expel remaining water from the exhaust.
Yes i know thos part. My texting isnt the greatest. Maybe
Salt should never be on the O2 sensor, if salt or even water is on it you have a leak somewhere in the exhaust.
yes thats what i think ok thank u

Mxgirl1

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
thank u yes thats what i thought. i like to confirm these things and put it in my notes

Mxgirl1

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Is it hard to replace the sensors. I have the parts
I have no dealer rep heew on so cal

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Is it hard to replace the sensors. I have the parts
I have no dealer rep heew on so cal
No, It's not hard at all. But, you'll need to have a special socket (has a slot for the wire to pass thru) to remove and tighten them as shown below.

1607187698250.png