• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Odd ballast issue seacock closed

Bajd98

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
2018 242x. Seacock is and has remained closed since we got boat from dealer. Today I heard an odd new noise .... evidently despite seacock being closed the boat decided to put some water in center ski locker ballast? I discovered this because later the seacock obstruction warning came in. Totally befuddled as to how or why some water went in ballast in first place and now how to get the warning to quit coming on.... any thoughts ?

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Bajd98

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Thanks .... I skimmed through those. I still don’t get how or why any water could or would even get in there in the first place with the seacock valve closed. Super annoying to have to mess with the ballast system since I’ve never even messed with it lol

PJ73

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
The seacock is controlled by the connext system, correct? Is this the first you've noticed an issue or do you think it's been doing this since you bought it? Reason I ask, is there a way to physically see if that valve is closed? The system might say it's closed, but we all know how wonderful and convenient "technology and electronics" have made our lives.

Bajd98

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
The seacock is controlled by the connext system, correct? Is this the first you've noticed an issue or do you think it's been doing this since you bought it? Reason I ask, is there a way to physically see if that valve is closed? The system might say it's closed, but we all know how wonderful and convenient "technology and electronics" have made our lives.
There is a physical handle on the starboard side of engine...... it’s been in closed position ever since dealer showed me where it was and they put it in closed position. Now whether or not the physical handle actually kept it closed, i can’t say .