• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Oem harness for tower speakers to amp. 2018 242x

Bajd98

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Hints on how to get one. Have static in tower speakers and sound bar. I’d rather try to see if bad harness before getting a new amp. Advice on new amp welcome too. 2018 242x

jacoviii

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Can you describe the static or a video? So that I may help.

Bajd98

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Can’t do a video right now but the static comes through the tower speakers. It is loud and does not change volume even if you turn music down. Speakers are fine bc they sound fine when connecting them to the other amp. It has to be either the amp or the harness connecting the amp to the speaker wires?

jacoviii

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Ok so you are talking about the white noise (shhhhhh) when the amp is on and audio is paused and playing. I believe it maybe from the amp preset input gains. I tried grounding the RCAs and also found it to be present when you just unhook the input harness. I will go out in test mine in a minute. Also have you tested that Left is left and Right is right on the tower and boat when fading L to R. It was a issues on '18 242x boats. It mono's the sound.

Bajd98

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
It’s not really white noise. It’s a loud crackling sound not smooth.

Bajd98

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
It’s not really white noise. It’s a loud crackling sound not smooth.
They crackle no matter what. Music playing, sound turned down etc. it’s like the amp is pushing feedback back or a wire is messed up. I’m first owner and there have been no problems till this suddenly began

jacoviii

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
So is it with audio playing? Is it there when boat is on the trailer / no movement?

jacoviii

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Try unhooking just the sound bar one speaker may be blown and the pop/ crackling might be a speaker shorting out. fade left to right to see if it happens more when you go from L/R. Do you fold your tower much.

jacoviii

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
the connector is a molex mx150 they are water tight and tinned crimp ends I do not see it being the issue

Bajd98

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Try unhooking just the sound bar one speaker may be blown and the pop/ crackling might be a speaker shorting out. fade left to right to see if it happens more when you go from L/R. Do you fold your tower much.
I have never folded tower. The speakers are fine when played from the other amp. It crackles as soon as key is turned on no matter whether in water or work rack. Thanks for the connector information. So you know what the amp is as well by chance so I can order a new one

jacoviii

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
So it is a oem wet sounds DSP HTX4. F5V-UE632-00-00 but it will probable need programmed
Or you can get a the after market Wet Sounds HTX4 and be able to adjust the setting your self. You will need to cut the harness and add RCAs to the end not a big deal.

jacoviii

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
The Htx4 is what is on the towers 2 ch L&R to the 8" and 2ch L&R to the sound bar. the HTX6 is boat amp. If you are adding more tower speakers then maybe the 6 they are both 100 per ch @ 4 ohms