• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Oh shit. . . .In West Marine with time to kill

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
$105.00 Im thinking you took the wife with ya.
Lmfao. . . . I did not, but she was following my posts closely from home when the email notifications started rolling in with all the comments.

Which MAY have influenced my spending.

Bousbous55

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
And liquid rollers too. You beat me to that one. :)
From what I hear pledge works just as good, have not tried it my self...yet .

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I think I heard someone say Irish Spring or Ivory Soap works well too. . . . . But I would have to imagine that silicone based spray might hold its viscosity better.

Lspeedss

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Silicone spray might. But you miss out on that "Spring Fresh Scent"..

davel501

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I think I heard someone say Irish Spring or Ivory Soap works well too. . . . . But I would have to imagine that silicone based spray might hold its viscosity better.
So did you get the flag holder for the tower?

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@0627Devildog , let me know what you think about the VHF radio. I need one and if you find this one works decent, I will take a trip to West Marine to spend $400+

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So did you get the flag holder for the tower?
No, I didn't have the specs for the tower so I didn't want to buy the wrong one. I have an idea for a temporary mount to get me through the weekend. I will be near the tower to measure tomorrow.

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@0627Devildog , let me know what you think about the VHF radio. I need one and if you find this one works decent, I will take a trip to West Marine to spend $400+
I charged it up over night. . . . . I'll give it a whirl today, but put it through the paces tomorrow when I am on the river. I put a lot of faith into the recommendations above (and others I had seen before) and made the purchase, but did research on my own last night and it got great reviews everywhere I looked. It does not have the DSC or GPS capability, but considering where I will be boating 95% of the time for me those things are not important. Had they been, I might have gone with the 460, which come with the added features and a lapel mic (@ $250).

Rigger

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
1 7/8" tower diameter.

davel501

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
No, I didn't have the specs for the tower so I didn't want to buy the wrong one. I have an idea for a temporary mount to get me through the weekend. I will be near the tower to measure tomorrow.
It would probably bother my wife that I knew what you were looking at without you saying it. I think it is a safe bet I have spent too much money there. Over time I have learned that the West Marine products do tend to be of better quality than Bass Pro and cheaper than the local marinas.

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
p.s. The tab was $588. . . . . . . 2 auto inflating vests, VHF Radio, and other various incidentals.

Tomorrow, it's time to splash this bitch and enjoy.

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Veve Guides, Smith Lamps, and Old Glory installed. . . . . Warning Stickers Removed. Tomorrow, jetboaters.net stickers then we splash her.20140525_195501.jpg

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Looks great!

Are you under or over your states width requirements with these guides? I remember some debate about the guides being too wide for DOT rules and regs.

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks @Murf'n'surf . . . Honestly these make the trailer exponentially safer IMHO. . . . So, while I am not sure if this is legal in the Peoples Republic of NY, I can't say I give a shit either ; )

20140525_222117.jpg 20140525_222046.jpg

Lspeedss

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Quite the light show. I agree with the safer statement. At night this lights on top the Vee Vees will help on coming traffic to take notice and give you room. Looks good.

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Veve Guides saved my ARSE this weekend at the SHITTY local public ramp. . . . . . When putting in at the local ramp the trailer went off a virtual cliff when the ramp ended (at an apparent break that was not repaired and could not be seen due to the murky water.) The boat was fine, as I was backing in REALLY slowly. . . .But the trailer was WAAAY to deep at that point.

The guides keep the ass end of the boat from floating out over the sides of the trailer and damaging the hull. Thank GOD I put these bad boys on as the initial mod.

jetboater4life

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
If you haven't already, add a keelguard too. It saved my arse once already as well.

Even though it looks like there is hull damage, after cleaning that up their was none. The marks you see are from the keelshield glue smearing when the piece came out.

Attachments

Last edited:

RightStuff

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
If you haven't already, add a keelguard too. It saved my arse once already as well.

Even though it looks like there is hull damage, after cleaning that up their was none. The marks you see are from the keelshield glue smearing when the piece came out.
Wow, what happened there? Did you hit something while beaching, or underway?

jetboater4life

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
The trailer was not in deep enough and I had not carpeted my ubbs nor rounded the edges and I came in just a tad off center and caught the edge of the bunk. It didn't feel that bad when it happened so I was a little surprised when I saw the damage to the keelshield. I used 3m5200 and cleaned it up making it look pretty good.

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Helipilot11 here's the veve guide thread you asked about with pictures.

I went with The tallest VeVe's over ce smiths because of the reinforcements. However, as you can see I did install the ce smith lamps.