• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Oil filer relocation

Jim Robeson

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Was talking with a friend at work today and the subject of changing oil and filters came up. I was telling how difficult it was to get to the filter on my 2007 Waverunner and he said he used to have a truck that someone had relocated the oil filter. There is a kit that you can add one piece where the oil filter attaches to the block then through two hoses you can relocated the filter to a more accessible location. Has anyone here ever relocated their oil filter in this manner?? And is there something I'm not thinking about that would make you not want to do this?? Thanks.

Glassman

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
They make kits - you can probably find one to fit your Waverunner, if not they are fairly easy to make. I have one for my RZR which I haven't gotten around to installing yet - I'm planning on adding it along with a remote oil cooler. :cool:

Boat Crazy

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Jim Robeson Call me. If your engine is the same as mine, there is a very easy way to remove the filter. You just need the right oil filter tool. If you were not an hour away, I would come do it for you in less than 30 seconds. It is that easy.