• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Oil Filters

1BadTundra

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
Has anyone used aftermarket oil filters vs the OEM? I looked at a cross reference and it shows a lot of other filters. Not that a few extra bucks will break the bank, but I've always used NAPA filters... I found the NAPA 1348 is cross referencing our OE's... So, anyine run oil and filters other than Yamaha?

steveinmd

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Wix makes the napa filters and is #51348. Bought but havent used yet. The OE filters arent what they used to be.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I use Fram TG 3600 been using them for a while larger and stronger walls if a filter flexes in your hand forgetabout it.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Does anyone have a cross reference for my engines? 2020 AR210 TR-1. Looking for a solid non OE filter.

TX_Mercenary

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XE
Boat Length
Welp I had to place my order on amsoil before I could reply. Wanted make sure I got my order in before they’re sold out again n prices start increasing even further. But I use amsoil eaom-134 filter

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Welp I had to place my order on amsoil before I could reply. Wanted make sure I got my order in before they’re sold out again n prices start increasing even further. But I use amsoil eaom-134 filter
Different engines, are they the same filters?

TX_Mercenary

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XE
Boat Length
Different engines, are they the same filters?
i went by the specifications of Yamaha oil filter thread and drain valve and found an equivalent on amsoil. Many other members here use eaom134 as well. Just do a search here in the forum

TX_Mercenary

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XE
Boat Length
Going by cross reference, they appear to be different filters - if the info is correct, the TR-1 uses a metric thread M20x1.5 whereas the 1.8 uses 3/4"x16 thread.
yes we use the 3/4 x 16

TX_Mercenary

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XE
Boat Length
Has anyone used aftermarket oil filters vs the OEM? I looked at a cross reference and it shows a lot of other filters. Not that a few extra bucks will break the bank, but I've always used NAPA filters... I found the NAPA 1348 is cross referencing our OE's... So, anyine run oil and filters other than Yamaha?
that would be my 2nd choice of brands if amsoil ran out. well the napa platimum 41348

1BadTundra

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length

1BadTundra

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
Everybody has trashed FRAM on every forum I've been on. I've never had on fail, never had an issue with availability. They are cheap, and for doing annual changes where the oil is still pretty clean in the boats, I say why not? The grip on the end is an added bonus. I run Amsoil filter on my truck, but I tow and beat the hell outta that thing. She gets changed every 7500 miles, sand, mud, flood waters, snow storms, towing the boat every weekend, you name it... But for a boat that may get 100 hrs every season (PA season is May-September unfortunately) why spend $50 on each filter for such light use. Flame away fellas!!!

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I use them on the 1800 engines and they have several different grades and very heavy case walls so that was why I chose them I have been using them since 2018 when I had another brand split on me only a few weeks after I changed the oil and filter I wrote up the incident with a picture of me being towed in by a boater. Never had another incident since changing to the Fram filters.

1BadTundra

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
Wix makes the napa filters and is #51348. Bought but havent used yet. The OE filters arent what they used to be.
Been doing some digging... This looks like the route I'm going.

TX_Mercenary

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XE
Boat Length
Everybody has trashed FRAM on every forum I've been on. I've never had on fail, never had an issue with availability. They are cheap, and for doing annual changes where the oil is still pretty clean in the boats, I say why not? The grip on the end is an added bonus. I run Amsoil filter on my truck, but I tow and beat the hell outta that thing. She gets changed every 7500 miles, sand, mud, flood waters, snow storms, towing the boat every weekend, you name it... But for a boat that may get 100 hrs every season (PA season is May-September unfortunately) why spend $50 on each filter for such light use. Flame away fellas!!!
makes sense if you don’t plan on using your boat often. The price isn’t the driver for me. It’s the filter material in the oil filter. Your option whether you use Fran or Napa gold or Yamaha filters use enhanced cellulose material. Which is fine, I just want more filtration out synthetic material filter. Napa platinum, amsoil, etc. by the way even the synthetic filters are cheaper than Yamahas filter