• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Oil pressure switch?

Bill425

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
I got a 2016 243 chaparral with twin 250 hp supercharged brp rotax engines. Model of engines are 1503. I posted previously regarding an engine oil leak but managed to locate it and it ended up being the very center of the oil pressure switch. My problem now is locating the correct replacement along with the part number and an on line parts supplier. I talked to 2 dealers so far and both weren’t to knowledgeable regarding the part. Can anyone provide some information on the part or can an after market part be substituted? Hope someone can help! Thanks!

Attachments

Mr.Happy

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
OIL PRESSURE SWITCH 420856533
(i have the same problem last year by my vortex 223 with 250HP)

Bill425

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
2 weeks ago I ordered the pressure switch and am waiting for it to come in. Looks like I may be able to remove the old one with a deep dish socket without removing the throttle body by going straight in under it using extensions. Did you replace yours yourself? If so, how did you do it?

Mr.Happy

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
i have changed this only with a 24mm nut (long version) in under 10 minutes. i dont remove other parts by this job. very easy :)

Bill425

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Glad to hear that! Thanks!

Bill425

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
I have been waiting for the oil pressure switch which I ordered from the dealership back on July 19th and it still hasn’t come in. Do you know what the part number is that you used and can you use a compatible part from seafood?

Mr.Happy

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Only the number what you see above.... i have no another number.

Bill425

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Put the new switch in and reset computer on medallion screen but P0024 still comes up as oil pressure switch and can’t be cleared. Engine still runs in limp mode. Have a seafood tech coming with buds diagnostic to see what the problem is. Will keep you posted.

Attachments