• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Oktoberfest & Brats

Where do you get your brats?

• Grocery store

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Meat/specialty store

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • Make my own

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • I’m a vegan/vegetarian

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TimW451

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Oktoberfest is coming. What/where do you buy your bratwursts? I don’t like buying Johnsville anymore, I think they have too much fat, but there aren’t many more options in a grocery store. I’ll probably go to an Amish market.

King

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We were super lucky to have purchased our house less than two miles from Patak Meats. When we moved over to Georgia from Louisiana we had a neighbor that would always tell us of a butcher / sausage maker tucked off in a residential neighborhood near where we lived at the time. Unfortunately, he couldn't remember the name or where it was. Later, when we moved in to our current place we drove past it on a trip to Wal Mart and felt as if we'd come across the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. They had a fire earlier in the year that was bad enough it shut down production. They're on the tail end of coming out of that now. They've got fresh items currently, smoked items should be back within a month.

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
We just had a few slip neighbors over for dinner at the marina on Saturday. The theme was Octoberfest. My wife had a problem sourcing brats as McKenzie, a local sausage maker, was having some supply issues, and we are not keen on Johnsonville either. She found these at our local Hannaford supermarket in the bacon/kielbassa section. They were very good. https://www.anainc.us/howe

TimW451

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We just had a few slip neighbors over for dinner at the marina on Saturday. The theme was Octoberfest. My wife had a problem sourcing brats as McKenzie, a local sausage maker, was having some supply issues, and we are not keen on Johnsonville either. She found these at our local Hannaford supermarket in the bacon/kielbassa section. They were very good. https://www.anainc.us/howe
Nice, from Germany. Hmm, I’m going to have to see what Lidl has. Forgot about them.