• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

On the water Help User Group - Join to Help or post @HELP when you are in urgent need

Higgins44

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 ID
Boat Length
It’s clear… Checked it first…I know how to look at the jet pump…But not sure where to check the exhaust??
[/QUOTE
If the shaft bearing has gone bad…Would that make it louder?

Higgins44

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 ID
Boat Length
The exhaust or the jet pump?
I know how to check the jet pump…How would or where would i look at the exhaust
haven’t really paid attention to which one it is.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
.As we where getting it in stuck the exhaust temp would go up a little each time it did this i would shut the boat off after getting it unstuck the boat would barley crank and only idle for a few minutes and shut off..I
when you were getting the boat unstuck were you using the engine to try to power off or did you have the engine off just trying to push it off,

If you tried to power off I'm sure you were sucking all that into your exhaust cooling system and the shutdown was probably a overheat safety shutdown

I would guess you have stuff all through your exhaust system now, If this were a yamaha you'd have a water box (muffle) that would probably be filled with crap, along with all your cooling passages,

we've heard that carbon seal on the shaft is very sensitive about being ran without water maybe it's giving the impeller more play,

I'd think you'd need to pull the impeller to determine if this is an impeller issue or an engine issue and go from there,

Higgins44

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 ID
Boat Length
when you were getting the boat unstuck were you using the engine to try to power off or did you have the engine off just trying to push it off,

If you tried to power off I'm sure you were sucking all that into your exhaust cooling system and the shutdown was probably a overheat safety shutdown

I would guess you have stuff all through your exhaust system now, If this were a yamaha you'd have a water box (muffle) that would probably be filled with crap, along with all your cooling passages,

we've heard that carbon seal on the shaft is very sensitive about being ran without water maybe it's giving the impeller more play,

I'd think you'd need to pull the impeller to determine if this is an impeller issue or an engine issue and go from there,
I tried powering off until the exhaust temp got high then I would shut it off
Ive seen videos on how to clean the Yamahas..How would i check my exhaust cooling system on a scarab?
thanks

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Luc Lafreniere

Jetboaters Captain
Staff member
Scarab Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 G
Boat Length

Luc Lafreniere

Jetboaters Captain
Staff member
Scarab Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 G
Boat Length
FYI, he had a clamp that was off on his exhaust to the muffler. That was the loud sound. In one of his pics there is also a piece of rope wrapped around the shaft. I recommended he remove the pump but nothing since. So it may be the event of being stuck had nothing do with the sound. But with this happening and rope, hopefully he inspects the pump properly.