• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

On the water Help User Group - Join to Help or post @HELP when you are in urgent need

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Can you use the battery switch to completely shut off all power to everything?

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Tap it gently with a sledgehammer?

(so glad I don't have a Connext)

More seriously, when you turned it off at the battery switch, for how long was it off? I would recommend trying that and leaving it off at least 15 seconds, then powering up and trying again. 10-15 seconds will usually drain all of the capacitors and let you start fresh.

31BVeteran

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tige
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Tap it gently with a sledgehammer?

(so glad I don't have a Connext)

More seriously, when you turned it off at the battery switch, for how long was it off? I would recommend trying that and leaving it off at least 15 seconds, then powering up and trying again. 10-15 seconds will usually drain all of the capacitors and let you start fresh.
I killed the batteries for a couple minutes while I checked the clean out ports and inspect the engine compartment. Still had the error code once I started the engine.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Ugh. Did you make sure no little wood chip got wedged in impellers or anything?
No extra water in engine bay like a hose popped off?

31BVeteran

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tige
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Ugh. Did you make sure no little wood chip got wedged in impellers or anything?
No extra water in engine bay like a hose popped off?
I felt all around the impeller, but nothing. No water in the engine bay at all. Had my fiancé drive while I had the engine compartment open to see if anything started to act up.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
The fact that it comes back on after resetting etc and no obvious issues we can see i would bring to a dealer to get the computer ran on it.

31BVeteran

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tige
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
wanted to update the thread on my issue. I took the boat to the dealer today, ran their computer diagnostics and it came back to a faulty o2 sensor. Got it replaced and she’s ready to go for the weekend. Going to ask more questions tomorrow, but just curious why it happened after having wood sucked up when this issue didn’t happen last year with bigger debris.

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Probably unrelated... but fixed now! Go run that boat!

31BVeteran

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tige
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length

Attachments

31BVeteran

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tige
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Out on the water with a 195 they have a rope stuck, however, the clean out plug is frozen and won’t turn. Any advice to help get it to turn? Currently towing it to the dock, but I have another hour before hand

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Out on the water with a 195 they have a rope stuck, however, the clean out plug is frozen and won’t turn. Any advice to help get it to turn? Currently towing it to the dock, but I have another hour before hand
If possible get on trailer and may need to take apart pump.
For plug, make sure it is in unlocked position, tie a rope around it and squat thrust it. If still no luck then may need to hit from underside.
Can also find a board or two and try to make some leverage on the rope by prying it upwards.
Hope it helps! Good luck!

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Don't the 2019's have the twist plugs (rather than the dog plugs)? Can you squat thrust those?

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Don't the 2019's have the twist plugs (rather than the dog plugs)? Can you squat thrust those?
Forgot that! Please don't squat those!

Dumbassbass

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Port Clinton, Ohio - Western Basin Lake Erie
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
If you have verizon you can give the email <phonenumber>@vtext.com and you will automatically get a text alert on your phone. @Bruce this would probably require another entry field that would be different from ones main email. Another way would be to set up ones email account to forward emails from jetboaters.net to <phonenumber>@vtext.com. I have jetboaters.net setup to only send me an email when a new conversation is started or replied too. I only get alerts when someone tags me, likes a post of mine, or attaches a file to a post I'm watching. I found that getting alerts for every post swamped my alert window so I turned that option off.

A test of the emergency system should be setup after several members have joined the group so we can all customize it to our liking. Kind of like the sirens I hear on the first Wednesday of the month at 10am. :)
@Bruce - Joined the jetboaters.net community this year and just recently checked the @ HELP watch list BUT there are those people out there that like to add 2 cents after the "Urgent Issue" has passed. In, on, under and around boats for just shy of 50yrs, not a mechanic but "knot" my first time around the block, figured if I can help out I will. Is there a way to "close" a post after that urgent issue has passed so those of us willing to help don't uncheck that box do to false alarms?

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
@Bruce - Joined the jetboaters.net community this year and just recently checked the @ HELP watch list BUT there are those people out there that like to add 2 cents after the "Urgent Issue" has passed. In, on, under and around boats for just shy of 50yrs, not a mechanic but "knot" my first time around the block, figured if I can help out I will. Is there a way to "close" a post after that urgent issue has passed so those of us willing to help don't uncheck that box do to false alarms?
As long as the subsequent posts don't use the help callout, you won't be notified (unless you have pressed "Watch" thread at the top). If you have clicked "watch" and don't want the notifications anymore - you can unwatch with the same link.

This thread is not intended to be a place to ask for help, but many people have chosen to use it for this purpose.....so we've rolled with it.

jtip1025

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Help please. I started my engines, it was in neutral. When it starts it showed in forward. Can’t change it from forward to neutral or reverse. And check engine light is on. Throttle will go up and down but doesn’t change anything. Any suggestions? @HELP

F.M.

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Check for something stuck in the bucket, (small rock, stick, etc...).

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
To build on that a bit, particularly look to the sides of the buckets, where they adjoin the jets. Rocks and stuff love to get stuck in there. Don't try to force it at the helm--you will break the cable. Go to the back of the boat and lift/drop the buckets by hand. You should be able to do that quite easily (and the helm controls should move with it as you do it). If you can't, that is a sure sign something is caught in the buckets and not letting them go up and down.