• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

One more engine trouble thread

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm a single engine boater so it's not applicable, but curious...
I understand when you are being towed, you have to either do some work to prevent water from coming in to the engine or be towed at very slow speed. Wouldn't the same apply when coming in with a single engine running only?
Exactly what @GiddYupJoe said, also open the reverse gate (push the throttle/s forward) to prevent water pressure building/backing up inside the pump(s).

--

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
No you wouldn’t they don’t call it Taxssachusetts for nothing.
Funny you should say that. Our state income tax is lower than NC @ 5.1 vs NC @ 5.499. Our sales tax is 6.25 but NC goes up to 6.75 - 7.5 depending on which county you live in due to the local taxes. MA. Has no local tax add on. Let's not forget something else. If we, here in MA, didn't kick the Britts outta here you guys down there would be speaking English. :)

Weeb

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Funny you should say that. Our state income tax is lower than NC @ 5.1 vs NC @ 5.499. Our sales tax is 6.25 but NC goes up to 6.75 - 7.5 depending on which county you live in due to the local taxes. MA. Has no local tax add on. Let's not forget something else. If we, here in MA, didn't kick the Britts outta here you guys down there would be speaking English. :)
I lived there for 54 years. I just wanted more boating and less snow and cold. It is nice up there though.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I lived there for 54 years. I just wanted more boating and less snow and cold. It is nice up there though.
Everything is better - in Boston area!
It's way too expensive for me now but I might be able to pull it at some point. I lived there for almost a decade and I want to go back, bad!
Winter? No problem, boat the bay/harbor islands unless you are far up North where it freezes, lol, or - ski after work (Blue Hills) or walk dunes of Crane's beach stopping at Woodman's on the way back, all while living in a city where a combination of nature/geography, civic history, and science (I would say currently 90% of what matters in bio-medical field happens in Boston area, for example) - is just unparalleled...
I'm starting to day dream... need to stop.

--

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Wow @swatski sounds like you're a native. Been to several of those places many times. Can you still paak you're caa in havaad yard? Wicked kool. I get the cold winter thing unless you're either a skiier, heavy drinker or both.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Can you still paak you're caa in havaad yard?
lolol. I only wish I could speak that, but I still get it daily - my MIL does, lol.
I did acquire many essential Boston skills, for example navigating with one hand through eight lanes of traffic collapsing into two lanes of Sumner Tunnel at 35mph while flipping, no problem!
(yes, that was before the Big Dig was finished, I'm dating myslef, lol)

--

John McLaughlin

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Gym @swatski @Weeb As I hijacked my own thread I might as well continue with comments about Boston. It is a great historical city and even has some fine dining places if you want to search them out. That said the traffic has been horrible since at least 1968. I had an interview in Detroit after graduation. The flight took about three hours however the road trip back to my home in Quincy (30 miles) took over three hours and it has not gotten better.

The cold you get use to until you reach senior years. Then many do what my Dad did. Tie a snow shovel to the back of his car and drove south on 95 until someone asked what the heck was that. He knew then that he arrived in heaven, Vero Beach Fl because there was no snow.

And yes I can still Park my car in Harvard yard (if they would let me) as you never lose your Boston accent. In fact I joined the military after college with the goal of teaching people around the world the proper way to speak English That is Bostonian English. I am still on the quest and yes even to this day my wife often has to interpret my speech to those who are less unfortunate. [flag]

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I swear the reason we beat the Brits was because they couldn't stand the way we were murdering the kings English. They couldn't hold their ears and their guns at the same time.