• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

One of my TR1 hangs and revs at a higher then lower RPM

vesder21

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Not sure if anyone’s had this issue before but I picked up a fairly new but used 2020 FSH 210. This is my third time having it out and the starboard side engine runs rough. If I have the boat at 5000 RPMs call the starboard engine will jump and then drop down. For example it will match the port engine at 5k ans then jump to 6k before dropping down to three.

The whole boat shakes and rattles loudly. I saw this happen for a few seconds the second time I had the boat out but thought it was something obstructed in the jet. I checked and there’s nothing down there.

Did I buy a lemon The broken engine does does not engage?

Any thoughts?

Attachments

vesder21

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Ok problem solved and we are no longer limping around on the water. I kid you not but there was half of a soda pop plastic cap in there. Must’ve somehow just kept on getting jammed because it was floating around when I stuck my hand down there.

Hopefully my newbie experience can help someone else in the future!!

Dumbassbass

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Port Clinton, Ohio - Western Basin Lake Erie
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Ok problem solved and we are no longer limping around on the water. I kid you not but there was half of a soda pop plastic cap in there. Must’ve somehow just kept on getting jammed because it was floating around when I stuck my hand down there.

Hopefully my newbie experience can help someone else in the future!!
Glad you found it, dont forget to always try the reverse maneuver as well.

brian86992

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Glad you found it. Checking the clean out and sticking your hand up in the intake grate is always my first go-to for troubleshooting. A plastic solo cup I sucked up while at speed hung around and clogged my water intake one time causing an overheat. I was tempted to name the boat "water vacuum" after three ingestions on the first three weekends.