• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

One side of Engine overhead

Sean R

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Glad its fixed, one thing I would like to say, sort of defending Yamaha and manufacturing as a whole. I work in manufacturing and covid part shortages make life a quality control nightmare. Installing parts out of station with a crew that doesn't normally do that work sucks for the employee, the company and of course the consumer. It kills work moral and pissing consumers like you and myself off. Glad its fixed and go get a sun burn on your sweet ass boat 👍

Bradp

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Has anyone got sand in there motor from beaching boat and how can I flush that?

WREKS

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Bradp Is it overheating?

WREKS

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Both engines?

Bradp

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
No just the starboard side

Bradp

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
And it only overheats when I’m running the boat. If I idle it never overheats

WREKS

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Bradp You think beaching it brought on the problem? Right? Is it still under warranty? Does the boat get used a lot or does it sit idle for a month or more? If it does, you could start by seeing what the thermostat looks like. Is it clean or is there some substance buildup that could potentially clog the water jackets. You could also run it on the hose and take some temps at the cylinders by the exhaust sides. Perhaps, you could see a hot spot to help isolate a problem in the water jackets around one or more cylinders.

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
@Scottma Fine sediment can bypass the filter and accumulate in the cylinder water jackets. If the filter is not clogged and you can run it without overheating, I suggest a long run at higher rpms. That way, perhaps, the cooling system can be flushed.
Where is the filter located?

WREKS

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@RobbieO It is located in the intake mounted on the Impeller Duct. More often it is called the Intake Screen. The service manual refers to as a "filter."