• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Oops I did it again!

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
This is a 2003 "50th Anniversary" Corvette convertible.
There are many like it but this one is special because this one is mine.
I bought it earlier today.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Specs:
5th generation (C5) with 5.7l v8 producing 350 hp. Magnetic suspension, heads up display, 17"s at the front 18"s at the rear. Charcoal exterior, Black top, two tone all leather interior. All major maintenance completed, last at 90k miles (at 99k now). New tires, brakes and battery, a full tank of gas and last but not least a pink slip / certificate of ownership with no lien holder. Clean and clear title.

It's the SHIT!

Too me anyway, from acceleration to braking and everything in between. I gave up on ever owning a Vette or any nice sports cars when my son was born but now 12 years later I was fortunate enough to get a good deal on a used one. So its got an automatic transmission, i wanted it that way so that my wife would enjoy it too. We can both drive sticks but prefer not too anymore. I don't expect to be challenging every car I see but like knowing that the passing capability is there if I need it. Plus I love the look and feel of the car over others I've looked at recently. Even the sound throughout the power band is nice, with the top up or down.

Surprisingly, the top is manually deployed and stowed. I thought it was electro-mechanical/push button. I got out of the car to work the top but think I could have done it from the drivers seat with some contorting. Once I get used to it I'm sure I will be able to operate it faster than I would had it been pushbutton. Still, I admit I will miss the pushbutton functionality of the porsche 911 and the Mercedes Benz sl and slk models but at least with a manual top I will never have any electrical problems. By the way I did consider those other cars and a few more but the Porsche doesn't fit my driving style anymore the Benz seem to have more than their fair share of gremlins and both suffer from being expensive to maintain and / or repair.

I won't take delivery until next weekend (I didn't have anyone to drive my wife's car back when I closed the deal). It's going to be a long week. I salute those of you who have waited 4 to 6 months to take delivery of your boats.

Two closing thoughts/insights:

1. My son came with me to test drive the vette we eventually purchased, on the way there he says, "dad, it says in the ad (I printed it down from craigs list) that he is selling because his wife is pregnant with their first child. why does this matter?" I looked him in the eyes and with a straight face responded, "yes, kids will F-up your life". We had a good laugh before I explained, in a more politically correct way, what that line in the ad meant.

2. My wife was out with her friends, watching the movie 50 shades of gray and we hadn't communicated all day. I told her by arranging the following on the kitchen table.

image.jpg

Last edited:

scot71

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Congratulations @Ronnie, Beautiful car! I have always been a huge fan of Corvettes (even though I have never personally owned one). My dream car would be a '63 split window. but knowing that that will probably never happen. I would probably be happy with about any one of them.

Yet another way for you to enjoy those sunny days. Enjoy!

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Ronnie , glad you were able to real in your sports car since I know you were sorting through many options. The car looks great

I love the conversation that you had with your kid. Spot on and priceless. Hahaha

Big Shasta

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA

ar240owner

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Jim Robeson

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
wife is pregnant with their first child
My dad always told me that I cost him a 1963 split window Corvette. I guess when I turned 2 and these cars came out there wasn't anywhere to put me. So I bought him one for his birthday a few years ago...Red...maybe I should rephrase this..it was a model of one. :)

Very nice ride @Ronnie !!!

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Nice goin @Ronnie ! Glad you found and got what you wanted.

rkluck

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Very nice and an excellent price! You should be very proud.

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
@Ronnie: You SCORED< Son !@!!!!!!!!!!!!
Very nice. RagTop as well. You got a flat 100% on the Mikey Car Test. Nicely done.
Can't wait <LOL !> to NOW hear about all of the "Vette Mods" that arrive courtesy of the UPS man every day, and your photos of such to follow.

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
My dad always told me that I cost him a 1963 split window Corvette. I guess when I turned 2 and these cars came out there wasn't anywhere to put me. So I bought him one for his birthday a few years ago...Red...maybe I should rephrase this..it was a model of one. :)

Very nice ride @Ronnie !!!
Hey Jim ........ I could say some thing like that POST SUCKS (of yours) ........
As my Best Friend, in H.S., who was a lot more well off than me, HAD a split window BLUE '63 'Vette.
So you can tell how much I was ENDEARED to have you write
"..... My Dad ....."
LOL

Jim Robeson

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I'm not exactly sure what you mean, @MikeyL ... but I was having fun with my Dad. I could only wish I could actually give him a set of keys to something that nice.

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Was just kidding Jim. Just don't like being reminded how old I MIGHT (actually am ?) be.
Had a birthday Sunday. I turned 37 (LOL !@)
Pls know what I said was all in fun.

Jim Robeson

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Now I understand. Sorry I didn't get it the first time. I'm still trying to figure out what and how a 53 year old is supposed to act?? Never been 53 before :eek:! I don't know if I will ever grow up and you seem like the same kind of person, from how your posts read. Sounds like you are full of life and love for people.

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Lordy I WISH I was 53 ! ........... LOL !
(53 year olds don't have best friends in H.S. who's parent purchased for them '63 split window coupes).
All in fun. I am leaving now . Gotta go tell Barbie I was told tonight I was 53. Do ya think she's gonna buy this ?

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Ronnie congrats on the new ride. It looks awesome and I'm sure it's as much fun to drive as it looks.

Have you taken your kid GoKarting yet? I swear you guys will be hooked once you try it. What's one more hobbie, right?

Again, I love your Corvette.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Nice ride Ronnie! Love to see more pics of her! Do you mean I could have a limited edition vette for $14,500...I wish you hadn't posted that!

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
@Ronnie MAY have just all of us on a new Passion, Mel. Really. THAT much fun for less than $15 G's ??? !!
Some people put more than that into the audio systems in their boats.
I hope someone can tell me how I need to break this "news" to Barbie. LOL !

Jim Robeson

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
So in the new motorhome, it needs a toy hauler compartment that will hold a vette, with GCWR room to tow the boat???