• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Opinions on floats

ilikejets

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length

Attachments

• 4C0E9DE1-EF81-4C66-9F29-B1C9958F7BE7.jpeg
    4C0E9DE1-EF81-4C66-9F29-B1C9958F7BE7.jpeg
    425.5 KB · Views: 26
Wow the hex ones look awesome. Decisions decisions.

Mission Reef is a top notch brand. Alot of people here have them.

My kids bought this for me. I’ve never used it. It’s pretty heavy to bring on the boat. Maybe I’ll use it when camping on the lake, but not to lug around.

At almost $1,500 I will never have experience with that model, unless someone o know owns one and invites me on board.

I’m with @RobbieO in that I have bought several tubes from Costco for $100 like the one he posted. When they leak, and they always do, I return or exchange it, often years after the purchase. Here are some pics of what is available at costco online now.
D0325812-500B-430B-9D65-E5BA6020A14B.pngBFE35676-320A-45F5-96C7-92F2C48F551D.png1BA3C95C-448B-4395-B076-0C6316B106CF.png

I have a lilipad and it's a love hate relationship. The kids love it, and it uwraps in a second with no work, and there's no waiting and no inflating. wrapping it back up is QUICK...BUT, it's bulky. It's never a problem underway, as it's in the swim platform, but I store inside the boat once done, and I really wish it wasn't there, it's a PAIN to have that thing on the way and having to move it back and forth to the swim platform to get under way and to store back.

It's WAY better than inflating every time, but it can feel on the way more than once.

I’d rather do an inflatable than not. Those mats take up a ton of room if they don’t inflate. It would drive me bonkers having to look at the damn thing much less having to walk around it and crap when not in use. If you get a good pump that can inflate and deflate super fast it makes inflatables tolerable.

Ehh, I also have an inflatable SUP, and if it wasn't for the lilipad I would probably leave it inflated. Takes 10+ minutes of compressor and baby sitting to inflated.

The price of fun, but i wish there was a much more silent high pressure pump available.

Paid over $100 for this, it's good, not great.
Valwix 20PSI High Pressure SUP Air Pump The Whale - Dual Stage Inflation/Deflation Electric Pump, Auto Cooling for Inflatable Stand Up Paddle Boards Amazon.com : Valwix 20PSI High Pressure SUP Air Pump The Whale - Dual Stage Inflation/Deflation Electric Pump, Auto Cooling for Inflatable Stand Up Paddle Boards : Sports & Outdoors

We still just use the good ole Gail force saddle pro floats. Easy to stow, easy to dry off, durable, not super expensive and high floatation. They also make a single person mattress that looks far more easy to stow than a giant mat.

I want a float to use while tied up at a cove. Anyone have experience with this one?

BOTE Inflatable Dock Hangout Classic, Lake Float for Adults, Raft for Pool & Beach Amazon.com : BOTE Inflatable Dock Hangout Classic, Lake Float for Adults, Raft for Pool & Beach : Sports & Outdoors
I bought the mission reef version of this (hex 82 I think) but haven’t used it yet. Seem great for off the dock or at sandbar. I’ll let you know if we get our money’s worth once weather is warmer.

I also have the lilipad and bote 10 dock. We probably use the lilipad more than anything since there is no inflation/deflation.

We will be ordering the REEF next month. Problem with the lilypad for us it keeping it on the swim deck. If we want to fish for part of the day, swim, tube, and then part of the day use the floating pad, the lilly pad looks like a hassle with lashing it to the swim deck and in the way all the time. Figured I can just set the duffle bag on the floor up front and we can still do everything and work around it.

I’d rather do an inflatable than not. Those mats take up a ton of room if they don’t inflate. It would drive me bonkers having to look at the damn thing much less having to walk around it and crap when not in use. If you get a good pump that can inflate and deflate super fast it makes inflatables tolerable.
100% agree on the pump (and the other stuff too). I have an iDrodisc I picked up on sale a few seasons ago. I HATED that thing when I had to hand pump it. Got a good electric dual stage pump and it's no big deal now. Boys play on it often and the adults use it like a floating bar table the rest of the time.

Can’t beat the fun inflatable 9C99456E-BAAA-44A0-8621-9F2FDFE47DCB.jpeg

No, 2 chairs would cost more than what the mat cost. Still looking for a deal on those.

@SamN44 , nice find. I don’t need one but it if came with the chair in the pic I would be reporting that i just placed my order for it/the set.

sweet set up. Have you considered putting a floating canopy over it?

C3C13E79-5A30-4DE9-8335-47CFF0A75D97.png

Back