• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Opportunity to go to Key West....and bring the boat!

ptwb

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I've been from keywest to the upper keys many times. My personal preference now is the upper keys. Key west is hard finding places to stay where I can keep the boat right behind whatever I rent and boat ramps and trailer storage are very hard. Garrison Bight will store if they have room. I have just trailered the boat to key west on weekdays early and gotten lucky at the boat ramp.

From key west, once the boat is in the water, we've headed out to the reefs and few miles south and also all the way out west to boca grande key. There is a wreck just north of it sticking out of the water (you can see it on google maps) but visibility can be hit or miss. My last trip there last summer visibility was poor. Could be a timing thing with the currents.

Key west is also just always very busy, hopefully there won't be a cruise ship there. If you've never been there, it's definitely something you need to visit once, but boating wise, I didn't see anything worthwhile enough and my family now prefers upper keys. Most trips now, key west is just an evening excursion for us.

What I like about the upper keys is there are more reefs, restaurants to get to by water on both sides, less traffic, and I think the water at least in my experience has been clearer. By upper keys, I mean anything north of marathon. Also, way north at key largo, if it's rough ocean side, there is a small key/beach a few miles in bayside that people will go hang out at. Lower matcumbe also has a bayside beach.

Hopefully there will be limited grass. Sometimes there can be lots of patches or strips of grass.

Make sure you have a good gps you trust.

Don't worry about leaving boat in water for a few days.

ArmyChief

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
When are you going? LOL I looked at the same VRBO. I didn't understand if the kayaks were to use to get to your boat? Thats a great little place, then my wife was says "Why don't we just use our timeshare?" D"OH! okay...
Keep me posted bud :)

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@ArmyChief Will do! We use Interval International as our timeshare exchange company and they allow us to purchase unclaimed weeks at different resorts at really great discounts. For a small fee I believe under $60 we can purchase extras for friends and family.

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ok so the Keys are off my radar for now as my wife went ahead with our friends and booked a house in Siesta Key Fl. Supposed to be beautiful beaches. Anyone boat out there?

ArmyChief

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@njmr2fan,

I live 30 minutes south in the Englewood/Venice/North Port area and boat around Stump Pass/Cayo Costa area. There is boating off Longboat Key.
You come down here, hit me up !

john94si

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Yes i think siesta key maybe better boating area for the casual boater. The water is perfect.

Augusto David Rodriguez

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Last year I stayed at Hyatt Regency hotelman Siesta Keys they have a marina and it was awesome time, the was Plan B after the weather
issues, 3 families/boats went great time.
Also I just reserved @VRBO a condo at Pelican Landing that comes with boat slip were going 09-15th July we have 2 jet boats 1 family are from
Williamsburg Va, Jim Hernandez with "The H" and My " Per-diem" from St Agustine, Florida. Were looking from suggestions .
So far Isla Morada and LAttitude Restaurant at Sunset Keys!!! We cancel our trip to Bimini...this year, the rental property would not issue refunds!!
with little kids I wouldn't risk a bad experience!!!

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yes, We met up on the beach when i saw your Jetboaters flags!