• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Options on folding wakeboard fingers or swinging rack

Russell

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
Guys,

I'd like to either remove my wakeboard racks or replace them with a unit that can fold its fingers back to clear the marina slip or find a different rack mount and location all together.
Maybe use the lower tubing to mount a new rack? 20160805_195309_HDR.jpg 20160805_195320_HDR.jpg 20160805_195333_HDR.jpg 20160807_190237_HDR.jpg 20160807_190549_HDR.jpg Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. It's going on my 212X. Thanks.

Martin Pulrang

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I want to do the same thing. No ideas yet but I will post back if/when the ideas come.

eticket

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Reviving this thread as my non folding rack just got smashed by my marina forklift driver...wondering if I can install these Yamaha swivel racks by removing the tube mount and just match drilling and bolting the rectangular base to the tower vertical leg. The pic of the tower is not my boat but rather a pic found online for what the pre 2017 212x tower looks like without the rack installed. With swivel racks I can avoid problems fitting in the marina warehouse racks and also hitting pilings at the fuel and other docks.

Yamaha swivel rack:
IMG_0023.JPG

Tower leg:

IMG_0024.JPG

I am hoping someone has done this to confirm it works and if it doesn't save me the expense if the experiment.

eticket

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I think I answered my own question...looks like this boat has the desired mod. The pic is from a European dealer website but I think those swivel racks are the Yamaha AR series racks.
IMG_0025.JPG

Edit: I've convinced myself on further research that this is a bolt on mod (maybe with some drilling), so parts on order and I will post up my results in a couple of weeks.

Last edited:

Martin Pulrang

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I think I answered my own question...looks like this boat has the desired mod. The pic is from a European dealer website but I think those swivel racks are the Yamaha AR series racks.
View attachment 62504

Edit: I've convinced myself on further research that this is a bolt on mod (maybe with some drilling), so parts on order and I will post up my results in a couple of weeks.
I look forward to hearing/seeing how this turns out!

Russell

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
I second that! Maybe its time to hit a Yamaha dealers sales floor and look at the swivel rack up close and personal.
From the photos I've seen it looks as though the collar will come off clean. I really have a hard time dealing with the
price tag on these units ($380.00 - $430.00) Ebay. If only there was an aftermarket unit that functions the way the
Yamaha swivels do.

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I am watching too. Please provide close ups of you mounting system.

eticket

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I second that! Maybe its time to hit a Yamaha dealers sales floor and look at the swivel rack up close and personal.
From the photos I've seen it looks as though the collar will come off clean. I really have a hard time dealing with the
price tag on these units ($380.00 - $430.00) Ebay. If only there was an aftermarket unit that functions the way the
Yamaha swivels do.
I got them for $315 a side for satin finish from Yamahasportsplaza.com.

Not cheap but not crazy for what you get (if it all works). My tower legs are taking a beating so I had to do something.

eticket

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I got the parts in, they are pretty stout and should be bolt on once I can get back on the boat. Wouldn't you know it I am out of town this weekend so I have to delay my install!

Part numbers for port and starboard:
IMG_4403.JPG

The mount bar the has female threads and will pick up the existing holes in the tower vertical leg:

IMG_4405.JPG

The hinge assembly:

IMG_4410.JPG

Mount and hinge together:

IMG_4411.JPG

IMG_4412.JPG

You need to transfer the rack fingers over from the tower to this hinge but the kit comes with all new hardware and some lock-tite.

I will post up the final install pics in a week or so.

Attachments

spatty99

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
What are the dimensions of the mount bar holes? I'm guessing it should fit the older (2008-2011) 212X as well.

eticket

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
What are the dimensions of the mount bar holes? I'm guessing it should fit the older (2008-2011) 212X as well.
The holes that align to the existing tower holes are 6.75" x 1.75".

eticket

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I finally got a chance to install the swivel rack mounts today. I had to get the boat home to do it since I had some touch up painting to do on the tower stanchions and that was not practical to do on the water. The mounts are very don't come with new fingers so you have to reuse yours. On problem was the bolts that mount the hinge to the tower stanchion were too short, I think there are 1" and you need 1.25" length. I was able to get stainless bolts at true-value hardware.

The final product is pretty nice but I have to wait until next season to use them since today was the final day of the season at my marina and I had to drop the boat off for Winter storage :(.

IMG_4538.JPG

IMG_4546.JPG

IMG_4537.JPG

IMG_4545.JPG

TSwartz

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I know this was almost 3 years ago, but wanted to say thanks anyway! I just got a '14 212X and the board racks won't fit in my lift without swiveling. This is exactly what I needed

Ratket

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Now to see if I can Find them With w off set size for the Zup board...

InmyElement

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Let us know if you find them..I would be interested as well....Thanks

Ratket

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I will reach out to Monster and some Yamaha parts distributors on Monday to see what part numbers I can gather.