• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Orlando Car Rentals February

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Any members in the area that know of a good place to get a car rental from Feb 2 - 7 at a decent rate? One of the kids is dancing in the UDA High School National Dance Competition at ESPN World Wide so we are flying down. I have been pricing out hertz, enterprise and the like and it is coming up at almost $700 to get one. Those prices are crazy. The days of $19.99 per day appear to be long gone.

Coult45

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
You might want to check out Turo, the car sharing program. My son has had very good luck a number of times in areas where traditional rental company rates were outrageous.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Coult45 Thanks for the info. Just checked. :thumbsup: There are some very reasonable vehicles. Just so we can get back and forth to the parks and ESPN from our hotel room. Really appreciate it alot.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Coult45 Thanks for the info. Just checked. :thumbsup: There are some very reasonable vehicles. Just so we can get back and forth to the parks and ESPN from our hotel room. Really appreciate it alot.
Let me know how that works out. I've been interested in trying a Turo for awhile.

Also, check Sixt. They're a "traditional" rental company. Wife and I went out to San Francisco a few years ago for a wedding and a few days of vacation without the kids. We were able to get a Mercedes C-Class for less money than the Impala we had picked out through Enterprise. I want to say it was like $30/day or something stupid cheap like that.

Here's the car we drove for a week:
1639158075733.png <--click to make bigger

Just checked Sixt's website for Orlando. Premium "mystery car" for $57/day. A5 Convertible for $87/day. Jetta for $45/day. ORRRR....Go full baller mode and get a Range Rover Sport for $145/day :D :D

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
+1 for Turo. However lots of hotels down there offers shuttle service to Disney. Also could consider just ubering.

Lots of Tesla's on Turo - if you are early to a park you can get VIP parking at a Tesla station.

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
If you go the Turo route, hope you give us a review. To be honest, I never heard of Turo before and am curious to hear how it goes.

Jim

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It is an option, but we would like to just drive around and check out Florida a bit. Hopefully retire down in that direction someday. We like to explore and see different places. We are not allowed to have contact with the kid dancing the whole time, their rules, but we will be able to see her compete from the Stands on Saturday and Sunday. One day we go ride Galaxy's Edge and one night we will do Epcot and walk around and have some drinks. Other than that the Parks are ridiculous for entry fees, so since it will be just the Admiral and I we thought about checking out the area.

The Dance team flies down together, bunks together, eats and practices together and flies back home together. The Admiral wanted to go down and see her compete.

On a great note.... We booked round trip air fare for both of us on Frontier for $198 including 1 bag each for BOTH of us in Total. I almost fell out of my chair. Never seen prices that low.

Sean R

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
This won't work for you because you will have your family with you but two years ago I flew to MI for my grandmothers 90th birthday, went by myself the family was busy. I reserved a sub compacy at Enterprise but when I picked it up I said to the 30 something male clerk " Dude, I am up for a family reunion and I just found out my x wife is going with her rich new boy friend, how much to upgrade to a mustang" the clerk says " Oh Hell no, ill hook you up, my x wife screwed me over" he upgraded me to the mustang for the same price as the sub compact.😎👍

Won't work for your situation but I wanted to share. Also I was very excited about my dishonest story/upgrade, but for some reason my wife wasn't very pleased with me.🤔

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
This won't work for you because you will have your family with you but two years ago I flew to MI for my grandmothers 90th birthday, went by myself the family was busy. I reserved a sub compacy at Enterprise but when I picked it up I said to the 30 something male clerk " Dude, I am up for a family reunion and I just found out my x wife is going with her rich new boy friend, how much to upgrade to a mustang" the clerk says " Oh Hell no, ill hook you up, my x wife screwed me over" he upgraded me to the mustang for the same price as the sub compact.😎👍

Won't work for your situation but I wanted to share. Also I was very excited about my dishonest story/upgrade, but for some reason my wife wasn't very pleased with me.🤔
It will just be me and the admiral in the car, but the prices on TURO can't be beat. Again many thanks to @Coult45 for the suggestion.

1639417678553.png

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I just heard about Turo last week, a guy I work with’s son has 4-5 cars he rents out and does very well, even though we are in a smallish town in OK.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
If you go the Turo route, hope you give us a review. To be honest, I never heard of Turo before and am curious to hear how it goes.

Jim
I did a Turo back in October for the first time. Overall it was a good experience. Be sure to CYA as always. (Take lots of pictures before and after) This was in Boston so I took a train and walked a few minutes to meet the guy at a gas station. He wanted me to drop him back off at his house, which was a few minutes away. Was kind of odd but not a big deal. Drove up to Maine and put about 200 miles on the car for the day. I had a late drop-off and he didn't respond to me so I dropped at his house and left keys in his mailbox. In return he didn't charge me the cleaning fee.

In the end it worked out extremely well for us, although the experience was a bit unprofessional.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
It is an option, but we would like to just drive around and check out Florida a bit. Hopefully retire down in that direction someday. We like to explore and see different places. We are not allowed to have contact with the kid dancing the whole time, their rules, but we will be able to see her compete from the Stands on Saturday and Sunday. One day we go ride Galaxy's Edge and one night we will do Epcot and walk around and have some drinks. Other than that the Parks are ridiculous for entry fees, so since it will be just the Admiral and I we thought about checking out the area.

The Dance team flies down together, bunks together, eats and practices together and flies back home together. The Admiral wanted to go down and see her compete.

On a great note.... We booked round trip air fare for both of us on Frontier for $198 including 1 bag each for BOTH of us in Total. I almost fell out of my chair. Never seen prices that low.
If you have a car, consider the SeaWorld Parks. I think it's under $150 for three parks, can do SeaWorld, Aquatica and Busch Gardens (down in Tampa).

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Are u-haul vans still 19.99 a day? ;)
I remember when those had a pass thru to the cargo from the van front. Throw some camp chairs back there and let 'er rip.

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

JetSet407

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Send me a PM when you are down here. Maybe I can get you guys out on the water.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@JetSet407 Thank you, a very generous offer.... We may take you up on it. FYI the more we go to Florida, the more we like it!

Well now the trip may be cancelled it is all in limbo. Issues on the Dance team and dance coach politics and the Admiral's daughter may only go as an alternative and not be in a competition, she is so devasted and upset, it makes me angry and the Admiral is fit to be tied. Since we won't have contact with her while there, there would be no point of attending since she would be there just as a backup. I won't know till the day before or so for sure. Cancelled the first vehicle we got through Turo and waiting to see how all this plays out now. Geez, so much drama.... I will eat the plane tickets, but I will be able to get refund on our lodging. Meh....... Need boating season to get here so I can go relax on the boat alone with my fishing rods......

JetSet407

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Boating season doesn't end in Florida... just saying. But we are kinda full right now lol. Sorry to hear about the drama, hope things work out.

BlkGS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Sucks to hear your trip might be canceled, but believe me, you're not missing anything if you're just driving around the area around Disney. Traffic on I4 SUUUUUUUUCKS and that's an understatement. It's mainly tourists and people from South Florida coming to Disney (translation: it's complete fuckin insanity or a parking lot). You'll be around 45 minutes to cape Canaveral, and might even get to see a rocket launch depending on the days you're here, so that's kind of unique. Jetty park is out this way and you can see all the cruise ships, I think some of them are actually leaving now instead of just being docked.

More than anything, get cookies at gideons bake house. They're insane. One at Disney Springs, and then the original stand is up in winter park. Just watch out for hipsters up there.