• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Ouch!!! Anyone here?

McMark

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Saw this on Yamaha jet Facebook page.

image.jpeg

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Note the winch strap is still hanging from the bow guess a safety chain in the front and some tie downs in the back would have been helpful

brockhals

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Ladder's down!

Bill D

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Good catch @Cobra Jet Steering LLC! Also, it looks like it's a roller trailer, so once the strap broke it probably didn't take much to put it on the road.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Yea those rollers were so the boat won't get scratched HMMMMM

Topper232

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Yea good eye on the bow strap. I can't help but notice the two guys sitting on the tailgate of the truck with their heads hanging down. I think I'd be throwing up on the side of the road.

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
That's the longest patch I've seen a jet boat leave.

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That's the good thing about jet boats.....don't have to worry about the out drive when you sling it off the trailer onto the road.

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'll bet they just pulled the boat out of the water and planned on putting the stern straps on in the "wipe down area". Without a safety chain and on a roller trailer, that's putting a lot of faith in the winch and all of those tiny little springs and ratchet system. :(

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'll bet they just pulled the boat out of the water and planned on putting the stern straps on in the "wipe down area". Without a safety chain and on a roller trailer, that's putting a lot of faith in the winch and all of those tiny little springs and ratchet system. :(

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I'll take my boat into shallow water but not that shallow.

McMark

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Dont you guys think that'll just buff out?

Zeus2013

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
As they approached the shore at full speed, I tried to explain to them that it was NOT a hovercraft. They just wouldn't listen.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
But they had it in 4 wheel drive, I see no numbers driving their p w c's in 4 wheel drive all the time no numbers are new-bees who don't even have hull numbers issued yet

stever40

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Look on the bright side. There is no repair to a lower unit required.

ncnmra

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
That's the good thing about jet boats.....don't have to worry about the out drive when you sling it off the trailer onto the road.
It looks like they are texting, or perhaps live tweeting their experience ;)

To me, it looks like they must have been moving pretty good. Look at the skid marks on the concrete. There's at least 30' that is visible, and since it had to come off straight from the trailer, I suspect it started much earlier. Why you wouldn't attach the safety chain right away is beyond me. I'd like to get some more context as to what actually happened, but something tells me that this wasn't pure "bad luck".

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I love the look on the kids face in the back seat (check the mirror).

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
This statement is one of maturity, knowledge and experience.....based on the youth with heads lowered on the tailgate....wondering who's going to call dad.....They may have underestimated the "roller element"

there's also alot of blue paint on the pavement....I think she went high side for a little of that ride !!!...the port side I bet is nasty......good thing it has a roll cage !!!

Bill D

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Here is another angle from the Facebook page....

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
That boat must have been fully on the ground before they hit the brakes or the trailer would have stopped it. Perhaps it even got towed there on the ground afterwards. Look at how long the paint strip is on the pavement, the direction of it, and the slope along the way to where it finally stopped. That boat either had some serious momentum or energy continued to be introduced. My guess is very very heavy on the gas pedal when pulling out after retrieving or maybe even lunched it and forgot to take off the winch strap when pulling back out with too much gas pedal. Very unfortunate as it WAS a great overall color and graphics scheme IMO.

Next time my family gets on my case about double checking stuff when launching or retrieving I will show them this photo.

Since we all seem so eagle eyed did anyone else notice what appears to be cigarette ash on the door and dash of the vehicle where the photo was taken from along with the marks on the A pillar and the B pillar in the mirror? IMO seeing that and the kid in the back is worse than seeing the boat on the ground. Hopefully that does not happen with the kid in the vehicle.