• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Our First Trip Out

DonJohnsMusic

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Long before we purchased our boat, I knew what I wanted to call her, “Love Our Life.” I wrote that in 2017 and released it as a title track for the album, “Love Our Life.” Here’s the music video I put together celebrating our maiden voyage! Enjoy!

Thanks for liking our video! It’s crazy that all my life I‘ve played Yamaha pianos and keyboards, (and electric guitars) and just recently found out the logo for Yamaha is a tuning fork! Did you know that the founder of Yamaha was a piano repair man?It’s like full circle that I would buy a Yamaha boat, name it after a song I wrote on a Yamaha keyboard! Is that crazy or what? I thought of that yesterday while I was washing the boat after a magical day on the water. We almost didn’t go out because it was a bit chilly and windy, but we are glad we did. We saw at least 30 dolphins, birds were following us everywhere and coming back they would fly right by me and in front of me and the sun would cut through their wings backlighting the feathers. It was so beautiful I thought I was dreaming at times, but then I had to realize I was not. Amazing day, it never gets old to me being out on the water.

Where do you boat............ I see dolphin on almost every trip out in Charlotte Harbor Fl just cant beat the wild life on trips out on the salt.

We live in Wilmington, NC and go up and down ICW. We for sure see more when we head North vs South. Cape Fear River is huge port and I guess dolphins don’t like all the big ships. I wonder too if since we go so slow they are not as scared to surface vs the folks going 100 miles in hour down the channel!

I'm with you on the Yamaha attracting dolphins......I guess they can sonar our boats and see we don't have props hanging down to hurt them ..........these guys hang/play around us all the time even with the motor in natural. My wife and I will set on the back deck and they will surface and look you straight in the eye. Their little baby's will swim straight for us and the momma will slap them with their tails to back them off.................amazing to see how they discipline the little guys to keep there distance.

Congrats on the new boat! :winkingthumbsup"

I enjoyed the video.

Jim

Congrats on the new boat! :winkingthumbsup"

I enjoyed the video.

Jim
Thanks! We ordered ours in 2020 to get a SX190 2021. After a year our order was canceled! They told us we were on the list for a 2022, but could not tell us when, so when a used 2019 AR195 came in, we jumped at the chance to get a boat, so glad we did! We love all the extras the AR195 offers.

I'm with you on the Yamaha attracting dolphins......I guess they can sonar our boats and see we don't have props hanging down to hurt them ..........these guys hang/play around us all the time even with the motor in natural. My wife and I will set on the back deck and they will surface and look you straight in the eye. Their little baby's will swim straight for us and the momma will slap them with their tails to back them off.................amazing to see how they discipline the little guys to keep there distance.
That is sooo cool, I’d die for that to happen. We usually anchor and I watch birds while my wife reads a book. As of yet, we have not had any dolphins come up while anchored. That would be the best!

Found You.

Long before we purchased our boat, I knew what I wanted to call her, “Love Our Life.” I wrote that in 2017 and released it as a title track for the album, “Love Our Life.” Here’s the music video I put together celebrating our maiden voyage! Enjoy!
Thanks so much everyone for enjoying my video. It means a lot to me as I’ve been writing music since I was 14! Very proud of the album Love Our Life. Has been the most downloaded album so far. So much more to listen to it you like my music! Happy Boating everyone! Stay safe out there!

Wow when I first watched video I did not realize you wrote or performed it Nice Job great talent.......nice boat too.

Thanks so happy you enjoyed it! Can you believe I was in Nashville for almost 20 years pitching my music and never got a bite! I had fans at the Writer’s Nights I performed at, but industry passed over me. In 2010 I decided to put my music out there for the first time. So glad I did because over the years I’ve gotten a bit of a following. So I’m very thankful for everyone who enjoys my music. Yes, we love the boat. Very happy we were able to get it!

Back