• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Outdoor Speakers (for the home)

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Trying to get some decent quality outdoor speakers without breaking the bank. Anyone have some experience with something like this?

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Are you mounting them on the house or in the landscape (rocks)?

What are you using to drive them?

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Mounting a set on the house and a set under the deck. . . . . NO IDEA what I will use to drive them.

David Analog

Jetboaters Commander
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
NA
I use Boston Acoustics Voyagers in the back yard and around the pool. Fantastic.

charliebravo

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
RE: "driving" the speakers. I just purchased INSMA TDA7492P 2 x 50 Watt Dual Channel Amplifier Wireless Digital Bluetooth 4.0 Audio Receiver Amplifier Board 50W + 50W https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01BTJZFY6/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_hpSJxbN7KGN19. Cheap, small, Bluetooth. It's exactly what I needed. Everything we play these days streams from our phones. Only had it a week but extremely happy with it.

You'll also need a power source. I just dug an old one out of my junk drawer. If you don't have something like that, there are a few recommendations in the reviews.

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Tlewellyn

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Bose 151's gave my father some about 12 years ago. They have been mounted outside for the entire time and still sound great. I have some also (3 yrs) on the deck. I think they still come with mounting brackets.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Everyone is upgrading the boat speakers so why not pick up one of these free with shipping deals and build a couple boxes?

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Everyone is upgrading the boat speakers so why not pick up one of these free with shipping deals and build a couple boxes?
Frankly, because I have an Amazon credit and I'm tired of building things from scratch ; )

GiddYupJoe

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA
I have these exa
I got a solid recommendation from my brother in law on these. . . . . : https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0001VHARO/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

and pulled the trigger on them. With regards to powering them (and other speakers) he pointed me to AVSForum.com classifieds. I need something with multiple HDMI inputs and dual HDMI outputs minimum. So far I am eyeing the Denon units. . . .https://usa.denon.com/us/product/hometheater/receivers/avrs720w
ct speakers outside. I was going to reccomend then to you but figured I would get slaughtered as they are not the best. They definitely have their limits. That being said, for the price... They are great! I have mine powered by a 1976 Craig receiver with AirPlay hooked to it with the rest of the house. Works great.

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I have a pair of Definitive Technology AW5500 under my covered porch facing the pool and we have been extremely happy with the sound quality, plenty of bass but not too much. Watch out for the price, most places sell them per speaker not as a pair, average price I've found is around $199 per speaker.

The fancy bird deterrent (plastic bag on top of speaker) is not included

20160720_064936.jpg

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have a pair of Polk Atrium series on our back patio that I put up a few years ago. I compared them to a couple other high end brands like Bose and I thought the Polks had a richer sounds to them. I power them with a Sony stereo receiver that is just for the patio and garage speakers.

Derek Fosbury

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I've got two sets of the Polk Atrium speakers also, one at home, and one at the cottage, and both sets have held up extremely well both in terms of appearance and maintaining performance. I can't see any degradation of the housing or the speaker cones (which is impressive as they are black, not white). The mounts make them very easy to remove and bring inside for the winter months :).

bumpy

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I got 2 sets of the Yamaha speakers; 1 set that is maybe 10 years old and the other is 3, powered by a line level fed Pioneer receiver from my house Yamaha receiver. Hey, notice a theme here? They sound good to my old man ears!