• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Outdoor storage tent

Bman215

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
i was thinking of storing my ar240 on the side of my house for the winter. I wanted canopy to keep snow, rain , leaves off of it. Can anyone recommend a good tent fot this? Does anyone else do this?

feziwig

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Why not just get it shrink wrapped?

Bman215

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
A friend of mine had a tent for his formula(a very expensive tent tho) Its cool u can throw a heater in it, work on the boat, drink, hangout. Plus u can keep the tent. Just wondering if anyone on here has a tent and which one to get

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Try Shelter Logic
By buddy has one for his tractor and a bunch of other things and it has made it unscathed through hurricane florence and other big storms

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

MidnightRider

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Malibu
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
I bought the 25' version of this last spring and been using it to store my 2017 212x.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009MLXA7I/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It has worked really well. I do have to fold down the tower and even with the tower folded down I have to have someone in the boat to help the door over the tower light and board racks as I back it in and pull it out but not a big deal. Once inside you can unfold the tower and set it back in the up position if you want to. I went with this version because it has the wind and snow rated heavy duty frame and it is the same frame they use for their steel buildings. My thought was I'd use the polyethylene cover that comes with it for 2-3 years as it holds up and then when it starts to fail I'll take it off and install steel on it.

IMG_0972.jpeg

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I bought the 25' version of this last spring and been using it to store my 2017 212x.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009MLXA7I/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It has worked really well. I do have to fold down the tower and even with the tower folded down I have to have someone in the boat to help the door over the tower light and board racks as I back it in and pull it out but not a big deal. Once inside you can unfold the tower and set it back in the up position if you want to. I went with this version because it has the wind and snow rated heavy duty frame and it is the same frame they use for their steel buildings. My thought was I'd use the polyethylene cover that comes with it for 2-3 years as it holds up and then when it starts to fail I'll take it off and install steel on it.

View attachment 84746
That's great to know, this one was on my short list but was concerned about the 8' door height. Glad you can coax the door over the folded tower without hurting anything.

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

View attachment 84746
If I can ask, how much wiggle room do you have when coaxing the boat underneath? This is on my short list for a spring project, but my boat is about 2" taller than yours with the tower down, and would be about 2" below the asphalt driveway I'm backing in from, so need about 4-5" of play to squeeze it in (story of my life, right?).

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

MidnightRider

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Malibu
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
If I can ask, how much wiggle room do you have when coaxing the boat underneath? This is on my short list for a spring project, but my boat is about 2" taller than yours with the tower down, and would be about 2" below the asphalt driveway I'm backing in from, so need about 4-5" of play to squeeze it in (story of my life, right?).
Honestly its pretty tight. With the tower down we have to inch it in with someone coaxing the door over the board racks and the anchor light. You could always do the tower cable mod extending the cables and letting it drop down some more - thought about doing that myself so I don't have to have someone help it in and out every time.

Edit: its probably worth mentioning that it isn't the frame that is the problem, its the zipper door on the end panel. The frame clears with plenty of room to spare. So modifying the end panel zipper door way is probably an option.