• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Outfitting new 195s

halter

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
New to boating. 195s.. suggestions for anchor lines bumpers hook etc. Best place to buy...

Fakenewsrealhp

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Honestly cheap inflatable round fenders and some long dock lines will do! BUT if you plan on tiring off to other boats especially pontoons the cleats are too low, Mission sentury fenders work great for that. Bungee lines in multiple lengths have their use. I also have mission icons to tie to the dock to give extra protection at possible contact points if I’m wet slipping at an air b&b or something.
Now over the next years I will probably ditch 90% of what I have but for now there’s plenty of storage and I know I have everything covered.

Rockit69

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
New to boating. 195s.. suggestions for anchor lines bumpers hook etc. Best place to buy...
I would suggest watching a ton of youtube videos and make your decisions based on your boating destinations. Learning terminology is important to avoid the newb giggles, your anchor line is called your rode, bumpers are called fenders etc... Amazon is your best friend, they have it all! My first suggestion would be getting at least 3-6" wide fenders and figuring where to mount them for unloading and loading, then you are in the water and can go from there. You bought a sweet boat, I have the same and love it, except it is draining my bank account, the addons are endless! Happy boating! You have come to a great place to learn, there is everything you need to learn on here and really helpful people with a little searching.

Last edited:

RNYCLV

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
There are a ton of useful videos on YouTube as well as a great set of topics here that can help you.

Mesa50

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Spartanburg, South Carolina Lake Hartwell/Keowee
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212XE
Boat Length
I was able to buy lines, fenders, first aid kit, etc on amazon for a fraction of the cost of my local boat dealer. You’ll want at least one long line for launching/docking. I have a 35 foot line, so my wife can attach to the mid cleat and pull it to the dock after I back the trailer in. It’s been long enough at the ramps so far. If it’s windy, you’ll need a long line, so you can attach one on the bow and the longer one on the stern for whoever is hopping to the dock. It’s also nice to have a longer line to toss to someone on the dock if necessary. When I see people with new boats struggling at the ramp, it is usually because they have little four foot pieces of line, or some sort of useless bungee apparatus. It’s like they assumed they’d be able to pull perfectly parallel and about an inch from the dock.

d_coyne1984

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
There is no better anchor than a box anchor for anything but very rocky bottoms. Hands down the best and easiest to use. Anyone who says otherwise has never used one I promise. Other anchors work, sure, but none are as easy to set and forget. Plus you don't need massive amounts of line out for the anchor to hold. I have tried most styles and won't use anything else. If you ignore everything else I say, don't ignore this. I use the 19lb for my wake boat and it has NEVER come loose even in crazy winds/waves. You would probably be fine with the smaller size (I think 13lb) on a 195, but for sure the 19lb would be solid. Get one with a storage bag so it doesn't scratch the inside of the boat. Get a Danik Hook for the anchor rope for easy adjustments. I anchor to the bow eye so that the boat always stays pointed into the wind/waves and the danik hook makes that super easy. Get a 3/8" or 1/2" braded nylon anchor rope with an eye or hook on the end. I prefer 1/2" at 100ft in case I need a tow or need to tow somebody else even though I anchor in shallow water. For dock lines 15' is usually just fine but for pier style docks that you have to tie to poles I use 25' lines. I keep both sizes on my boat.

The best fenders to use are the inflatable round balls (Babz or Let's Tie Up brands). They are big enough to keep you off of pier style docks and work great for tie-ups. I keep the Ryobi multi-pump on my boat, it works to pump up any size inflatable as well as tires, plus has a digital gauge that will pump your tires to a set psi.

Last edited:

Justin2431

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
+1 on a box anchor. Spent big bucks on a few different anchors and found nothing comes close. +1 on mission bumpers.

HawaiiBreeze

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Congratulations on getting into boating!

Aside from the anchor question (danforth's and grappling for me) I've been through most of the types of fenders seen at West Marine. Lozenge Shape, Padded, and Low Free Board styles and I ended up finally settling on the round style (2). (got them from Amazon)

An interior bow cleat works well to get that bumper quickly set to the proper height and I added sailing cam/cleats to the rear of the boat to get that bumper up high enough. I find that the round fenders don't get moved out of the way like the others when scuffing into our nasty concrete bulkheads.

As a new boater just take a look around at the others and see what they're using and see if it applies to your situation.

I also use a single mid-cleat line to tie the boat up for short term. As I usually dock to starboard it's easy to unhook/hook from the pilot chair, just reach over and tie up or untie.

Attachments

d_coyne1984

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

Aside from the anchor question (danforth's and grappling for me) I've been through most of the types of fenders seen at West Marine. Lozenge Shape, Padded, and Low Free Board styles and I ended up finally settling on the round style (2). (got them from Amazon)

An interior bow cleat works well to get that bumper quickly set to the proper height and I added sailing cam/cleats to the rear of the boat to get that bumper up high enough. I find that the round fenders don't get moved out of the way like the others when scuffing into our nasty concrete bulkheads.

As a new boater just take a look around at the others and see what they're using and see if it applies to your situation.

I also use a single mid-cleat line to tie the boat up for short term. As I usually dock to starboard it's easy to unhook/hook from the pilot chair, just reach over and tie up or untie.
I love the added cleat ideas for the fenders. I may be doing that myself.

wilreyca

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

HawaiiBreeze, love your YouTube channel and watched many of your videos before I got my boat.

HawaiiBreeze

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
HawaiiBreeze, love your YouTube channel and watched many of your videos before I got my boat.
Aloha! Thanks for the kind words and glad you are on board a Yammie! Boat On!