• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Reminder of the Thrust Vector and Lateral Thruster group buy through JetBoatPilot.....you only have Until AUGUST 31st. to get in on this group buy.
    With a Maximum discount of 35% this is the highest discount you can get on these, so don't miss out!
    So if you are looking to improve your steering-either forwards or in reverse.....this sale may be for you!  

Thank you Will @jetboatpilot for offering this exclusively to JETBOATERS.net members!

(You can click the X to the right to dismiss this notice)

Over heating

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
I have a 2003 seadoo challenger with a 240 mercrusier when I take out cranks up idle out and soon as I take off goes in lymp mode due to overheating. Pulled power head and put all new gaskets but after assembling still over heats. I hooked up on hose and removed thermostat housings and no water flow coming out.

Something is obstructing the water jackets, did it sit for a long time?? maybe something built a nest inside of it.

Look at the water pick up ports maybe some debris is blocking the intake.

We blew air threw every port no blockage but when hook to water hose no water coming up threw right or left side of thermostat housing when overheating alarm goes off water just starts to dribble out right side

you may have a stuck thermostat

I agree with CJS.
If you can remove your thermostat you can put it in a pot of boiling water. Automotive thermostats' control temperature is typically stamped somewhere on the thermostat.
If the thermostat opens at the correct temperature, check the instrumentation on your engine. The temperature sender could be faulty. The engine could be operating normally. The computer just thinks it's overheating.

I agree with CJS.
If you can remove your thermostat you can put it in a pot of boiling water. Automotive thermostats' control temperature is typically stamped somewhere on the thermostat.
If the thermostat opens at the correct temperature, check the instrumentation on your engine. The temperature sender could be faulty. The engine could be operating normally. The computer just thinks it's overheating.
It don't have a thermostat the water constantly flows threw the system off the jet pump it's just a empty housing

I am just totally confused we even pulled power head and can blow air threw all ports

I believe it should have a thermostat on the top of each head so your boat should have 2 of those it has an outboard power head and those had thermostats I would take a reading with a non contact thermometer of each head when it says it is overheating and see what the temperature really is with no thermostat it would run cold all the time.. if someone removed them your engine will run lousy and eat more fuel and I would also be looking at the temperature sensors .1652904791006.png

1652905047231.pngMercury 200-250 Hp Thermostat 130°F Replaces 8M0057307, 885599003 2 Pack

The housing on both sides are empty no water coming out with housing cover removed off either side when I crank it which would make me feel like it's clogged but I can blow air threw both sides

Going to need to investigate the path from the jet pump to the engine block

Thanks we did after pulling power head and got flow threw lines that I can see only thing we have not pulled is jet pump

that is a likely suspect for blockage

Back