• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Overheat code

jonbidwell

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hi guys,

So my boat is showing the overheat code after running at wide open throttle for period of time. It isn't overheating. Im reading on the catalytic potentially being issue. Can I remove the cat from this boat? 2008 AR230. It is California boat. I am seeing something about d plates but seems like this is for PWC. Thanks!

On some 2008 the. Plastic y fitting had flashing inside which blocked flow. Worth looking at. Cam.

how do you know it's not overheating? are you checking temps with an infrared thermometer? Do you have a YDS to monitor the temps underway?

Have you seen the video in our FAQ section about how the cooling water flows?

I don't think we've ever head anyone have a catalytic problem,

how do you know it's not overheating? are you checking temps with an infrared thermometer? Do you have a YDS to monitor the temps underway?

Have you seen the video in our FAQ section about how the cooling water flows?

I don't think we've ever head anyone have a catalytic problem,
Ok. I will check y fitting. I do have YdS and it's showing exhaust temp sensor. I'm not checking with infrared but I am touching both cooling pipes and they are cool during running. I do know the pee holes on back sides are not flowing until a lot of RPMs are given...

Just thought I would update. I checked all lines and fittings. Everything is clear. I even used weedwacker line and got water flowing out of all lines. Now, starboard peeholes flow great and after short time thermostat peehole flows strong. The port engine exhaust hole flows great but it's barely spitting after enough time to engage thermostat peehole.

So I put thermostat in pot of water and starting heating. It didn't open until about 160deg F. This is way over the 120-140 the spec calls for. I think this is my problem. Ordered new one. Thanks for all advice. Hopefully this works.

The yds is calling the 5-3 code by the way.

Back