• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Paddle North products

CA Sterling Archer

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I was at the boat show this last weekend and came across a company called “Paddle North”. Website is www.paddlenorth.com. They supply inflatable SUPs and inflatable docks (pads like lilypads or mission floats).

I was wondering if anyone has any experience with their products, especially the docks. They blow up to almost 20 PSI and almost feel solid with no give. Sizes are 15’ x 5’ ($800) or 9’ x 6’ ($700). Boat show pricing was $100 off those prices. I’d like to get this type of floating island for my kids (and me) to play on, but hated the idea of having to lug around a rolled up lily pad on the back all day. These deflate and can easily stored while under way.

Just looking for your thoughts, thanks!!

Last edited:
We have a wow one we found at end of year at Sam's club for like 80 bucks 2 years ago.

I've got the Airhead one, scored it for $40 last year on Amazon. I can't imagine of any pad that would be worth 20x the price.

Pumping something that large to 20PSI will take forever. I'd consider it maybe only as a semi-permanent float behind a lake home or something.

Just checked out a video, it is pretty nice looking. Not exactly what I'd want for the boat though. Basically a giant inflatable SUP.

We saw them at the boat show too. We were looking at their standard/not inflatable SUPs, but all their products looked really nice.

I ended up purchasing the 5’ x 15’ dock model at the beginning of the year. Figured I’d give a quick review for others that may be interested in it.

Cons:
-Cost, yes, it costs a few more dollars (ok, a lot more) than the airhead or Sams club styles.
-Time to blow up, with the electric pump it still takes about 15-20 mins to reach recommended psi. I haven’t tried using the included hand pump.
-Weight, heavy for one adult to carry long distances (although it did come with backpack/roller board storage/carrying case)
-Akwardness when blowing up on boat (we got better as summer progressed), the thing is massive

Pros:
-An absolute blast for adults and kids!
-Compact size (30” x 18” x 10”), deflated and stored easy in the boat or in a car
-Multiple uses. Kids hangout area, slip and slid, jumping/sitting/swiming/fishing platform, dangling legs in water...
-Tons of comments about how fun it looks and uniqueness
-Amount of people it can support, max we had was about 6 adults and 7 kids with no bending
-Ability to stay dry if desired, doesn’t sink into water even when sitting on the edge
-Sturdy and quality built. No holes or tears with kids abusing it every time on the water.
-Grab handles used by kids for pulling themselves back onto dock.
-Size, although awkward to blow up, once in the water there was plenty of room for everyone for sitting, running, jumping, and sliding

Like every other accessory it’s got both pros and cons, but for me, my family, and friends, this was definitely a great buy and I’d recommend the Paddle North brand to anyone looking.

I was at the boat show this last weekend and came across a company called “Paddle North”. Website is www.paddlenorth.com. They supply inflatable SUPs and inflatable docks (pads like lilypads or mission floats).

I was wondering if anyone has any experience with their products, especially the docks. They blow up to almost 20 PSI and almost feel solid with no give. Sizes are 15’ x 5’ ($800) or 9’ x 6’ ($700). Boat show pricing was $100 off those prices. I’d like to get this type of floating island for my kids (and me) to play on, but hated the idea of having to lug around a rolled up lily pad on the back all day. These deflate and can easily stored while under way.

Just looking for your thoughts, thanks!!
Thanks for the tip. I've been looking for a utility type dock and think their small dock would be perfect. Hard part now is to convince the wife. :rolleyes:

Another option to look at is the Mission Reef Mats, similar design and a few different shapes/sizes to choose from. We have the 13' one and have used it a lot this summer, just love being able to sit/stand on it even as an adult. Way easier to use than the foam pads you have to roll up, etc. We usually blow ours up to about 4 psi using a high pressure pump (also came with a manual pump) and at that level it's solid.

Mission Boat Gear Reef Mats

Another option to look at is the Mission Reef Mats, similar design and a few different shapes/sizes to choose from. We have the 13' one and have used it a lot this summer, just love being able to sit/stand on it even as an adult. Way easier to use than the foam pads you have to roll up, etc. We usually blow ours up to about 4 psi using a high pressure pump (also came with a manual pump) and at that level it's solid.

Mission Boat Gear Reef Mats

We have the medium sized Mission reef mat and it is amazing. It's a lot more than the WOW and Sams mats but it is also a lot nicer. I have had both. When inflated these things are rock solid. A couple of days ago we inflated it and them tied it tightly to each cleat at the back swim platform. Suddenyl my 242 was a 342+. You could walk right off the swim platform onto it with no issues. So cool.

Last edited:
Looks cool! I've currently got one of the cheaper inflatable mats. Being a O'Brien dealer I now have access to their Runway inflatable platform which interests me. Our primary lake is not one with areas to beach, so we've found the mat to be a great means to expand.
Screenshot_20190814-084010_Chrome.jpg
I've yet to bring any into our inventory because of price and uncertainty of demand. If there's any interest let me know. Idon't know how it compares, but my guesstimate on pricing would be:
6' x 12' for $680 free shipping
6' x 18' for $765 " "

I think these are a great alternative to the recently discontinued iDrodisc from Slingshot. We rarely ride the disc behind the boat, but we spend a bunch of time with it inflated at anchor.

We also boat on lakes that have rocky shorelines and no beaches, so there is lots of floating. These mats are super handy to have to sit/hang out on if you don't want to be IN the water. The ability to deflate them makes them 1,000,000x nicer than the big foam PIA Mats.

I'll try and get a picture next time I am out with the mat tied tight to the swim platform. It is a great set up!

Screenshot_20190814-091011_Chrome.jpg
*Shade also available

*female bikini model not included

I had a 2 year old running from the swim platform to the mat for an hour without one single wipeout. The mat will easily support beach chairs and a cooler. Heck I am sure it could support a table! The mission mats are slippery though. My kids like it but if you run on it be prepared to slip.

I had a 2 year old running from the swim platform to the mat for an hour without one single wipeout. The mat will easily support beach chairs and a cooler. Heck I am sure it could support a table! The mission mats are slippery though. My kids like it but if you run on it be prepared to slip.
Yes. Slippery when wet.

You guys got me thinking. Walmart sells these inflatable Gym Mat (Air Floor). I think these would hold up well if they're working out on them. Even shows a guy floating in the pool with one. Says the can hold up to 10 lbs max air pressure. What do ya'll think?

I question the scale of the pictures. The mat in the lower right picture (with the guy) is not the same size as the one in the lower left (with the lady and kids). I think the one with the guy is closer to the 3' wide 10' long as it says in the spec...

I question the scale of the pictures. The mat in the lower right picture (with the guy) is not the same size as the one in the lower left (with the lady and kids). I think the one with the guy is closer to the 3' wide 10' long as it says in the spec...
3' x 10' is still a good size and for hundreds less. Overstock has the same one for $151 with a pump. I might just jump in for working on the lift and things.

Back